The Scottish Cup Final: Rangers v Hibs

It might depend on how Hibs line up. Bartley is their physical option to allow McGinn and Henderson to make the play. However, he may only play if McGeouch is injured or, if as seems likely, Hibs go with a 3-5-2.

I think Bartley is a certainty. They tend to play a 4-4-2 (diamond), and can dominate the ball well with those three creative players, but against us they defend and hit on the counter in the 3-5-2. The two forwards can be dangerous against our back-line.

From our point of view, I can see the patient option in Zelalem being favoured, or maybe the defensive eye (no pun intended) of Shiels -- Shiels can also strike a ball when space opens up too, which might be needed against a resolute defence.

I was right about this season going well, the Old Firm game going well and I'm going to say that Saturday should as well.

Hibs are notorious bottlers. Rangers are capable of playing the best football in Scotland.

I should probably be a bit more reserved about it but it never backfired for the season or the Old Firm tie.

If we play the way we can we will win,as MW & the players keep saying,and I am confident we will start this match at a very high tempo looking to get the early goal and we will go on to win it,leaving the Hobos still waiting for their first Scottish cup win.

I think Zelalem may be better saved for later in the game (and possible extra time) when space opens up.

When he came on at Easter Road, we were at our most dangerous in that sense.

Agree with Frankie's reasoning behind what appears to be an open contest that either side could win.

I thought MW was unusally candid in the interview I saw when he said something along the lines of 'we'll only know on Saturday if we have got our plans right and are at our best'. It might have been part of the old mindgames because there is little worse than going into this type of game appearing over-confident in the media. In this respect I thought MW judged the run-up to the semi-final perfectly and let Celtic build themselves up.

The only thing I'd be confident about is there being several goals in the game. Thereafter we'll have to see who gets them with the first being more important than usual. I think Hibs will start strongly and if they get the first goal will grow in confidence but at the sametime may prove to be mentally fragile if we can score it.

We have to look towards Barrie McKay and hope that he turns in another inspiring performance, he seems to respond when needed and is always brave and shows for the ball regardless of circumstance. Wallace and Tav should enjoy the size of the pitch with Kenny Miller always liable to pop up with a goal.

Bla, bla, bla may serve us to vent opinions or whatever but as MW says...we'll only find out on Saturday.

ps. Love the term 'pitch geography' :champs:

What I like about Shiels and Holt being in midfield alongside Halliday is the fact that while both like to go forward, they also put great shifts in when we lose the ball.

IMHO, if we play "our" game, we will look good for silverware.

Agree with Frankie's reasoning behind what appears to be an open contest that either side could win.

I thought MW was unusally candid in the interview I saw when he said something along the lines of 'we'll only know on Saturday if we have got our plans right and are at our best'. It might have been part of the old mindgames because there is little worse than going into this type of game appearing over-confident in the media. In this respect I thought MW judged the run-up to the semi-final perfectly and let Celtic build themselves up.

The only thing I'd be confident about is there being several goals in the game. Thereafter we'll have to see who gets them with the first being more important than usual. I think Hibs will start strongly and if they get the first goal will grow in confidence but at the sametime may prove to be mentally fragile if we can score it.

We have to look towards Barrie McKay and hope that he turns in another inspiring performance, he seems to respond when needed and is always brave and shows for the ball regardless of circumstance. Wallace and Tav should enjoy the size of the pitch with Kenny Miller always liable to pop up with a goal.

Bla, bla, bla may serve us to vent opinions or whatever but as MW says...we'll only find out on Saturday.

ps. Love the term 'pitch geography' :champs:

We've had three weeks to prepare for the thread Hibs bring (particularly at set-pieces). There should be no excuses. :)