The Scottish Cup Final: Rangers v Hibs

Any bears on here who live in England and (like me) don't have Sky? Can I watch it on the BBC 1 red button? Apparently you can't get it live on the iPlayer.

Use a VPN and pay a fiver to RTV :thup:

I'll be honest here Mac when I say that MW's tactics don't seem to be too difficult to work out - we will attack and I suspect every manager in Scotland will know that. It is counteracting those tactics that other teams have to work out.

For what it's worth I think we'll play our usual game. Hivs will look to hit us on the break or use set pieces for an advantage.

I think from kick-off Hibs wil attempt to pressure us as high up the pitch as they can and attack in an attempt to score first and then surf the wave. So maybe we'll have opportunities to counter-attack in more space than we are accustomed to having.

Great read Frankie!

I find the midfield 'headache' quite an interesting conundrum. We have three options, each bringing a distinct role to the position (Shiels, Zelalem and Law). I'm fascinated to discover which way Warburton goes.

I would be hugely disappointed if it was Law after his "efforts" in the semi-final. I would be fine with either Shiels or Zelalem. I thought Zelalem retained the ball well and strolled the game when he came on in the semi-final whilst I thought that Shiels was somewhat invisible - albeit having to play on he right rather than through the middle.

That said, Celtic and Hibs pose two different types of problems.

My choice, unpopular, would be Zelalem.

Definitely hard to call, but I'm confident.

PS: The 12 games played over the last two seasons against them - 6 wins each, Rangers 20 goals, Hibs 19.

Break those stats down into last season and this and they will tell two completely different stories I suspect......

Biggest problem I see as having played so often this season MW's tactics will be well known to them and might be a factor.

In saying that I feel sure that we will win.

It is one thing to be fully aware of your opponents tactics... it is quite another to actually get enough possession of the ball to hurt those tactics.

Didn't want to start another thread on this so will stick it in here...

BBC 1:00pm National news had a wee featured piece towards the end of the program on the Scottish Cup Final - McLaughlin doing the reporting from Edinburgh...it was all about the Hibeez, interviews with an ex-player and some fans on how they can bury their dismal record in the competition (lost last 10 finals).

Rangers were mentioned once - to let folk know who Hibs were playing.

Break those stats down into last season and this and they will tell two completely different stories I suspect......

This season

2-6 R

R 1-0

H 2-1

R 4-2

H 3-2

I'd tend to put less emphasis on the first and last.

First was very first game of season and wonderfully wild.

Last saw us have nothing to play for.

Other three saw the home side win and our two wins at Ibrox were hugely important and games we turned it on (4-2) or had sufficient quality (1-0 / Tav free-kick). Fair to say Hibs had chances in the 1-0 game to do better and we had the same at Easter Road.

For me it depends on who turns up on the day as both sides are capable of beating the other.

Didn't want to start another thread on this so will stick it in here...

BBC 1:00pm National news had a wee featured piece towards the end of the program on the Scottish Cup Final - McLaughlin doing the reporting from Edinburgh...it was all about the Hibeez, interviews with an ex-player and some fans on how they can bury their dismal record in the competition (lost last 10 finals).

Rangers were mentioned once - to let folk know who Hibs were playing.

Typical petty/bitter/agenda driven amateur BBC Scotland

This season

2-6 R

R 1-0

H 2-1

R 4-2

H 3-2

I'd tend to put less emphasis on the first and last.

First was very first game of season and wonderfully wild.

Last saw us have nothing to play for.

Other three saw the home side win and our two wins at Ibrox were hugely important and games we turned it on (4-2) or had sufficient quality (1-0 / Tav free-kick). Fair to say Hibs had chances in the 1-0 game to do better and we had the same at Easter Road.

For me it depends on who turns up on the day as both sides are capable of beating the other.

So breaking it down into last season and this, using the above you have :

2014/15

Rangers - 3 wins

Hibs - 4 wins

Rangers - 6 goals

Hibs - 10 goals

2015/16

Rangers - 3 wins

Hibs - 2 wins

Rangers - 14 goals

Hibs - 9 goals

I find that mildly interesting that even though we look defensively weak and open that our defence has allowed fewer goals this season against Hibs than last season. What is abundantly clear is that our attacking prowess has been far superior this season, which should surprise nobody.

In terms of results still close in either direction.

Hopefully tomorrow will be another "W" for Rangers... given my Mrs is a Hibbee I will be in lockdown mode if we lose.

Edited by craig