The Scottish Cup Final: Rangers v Hibs

This level of pessimism leading into a game against Hibs astounds me.

We've beaten them in the last two games that were important - convincingly.

Past head to head form means nothing in a cup final TF. It's a one-off game where one referee mistake, rash tackle, howler, or anything else can decide how it turns out.

I believe we'll win. But wouldn't put my mortgage on it.

Many fellow Bears appear to be of the opinion that Hibs exist in a permanent bubble of disappointment. Nineteen hundred and two and all that. The law of averages will kick in; hopefully not against Rangers.

We must start the way we did at the start of the season, hard running, closing the space, challenging continually for the ball high up the pitch. Give it everything for thirty minutes and if Hibs are suffering both physical and cerebral fatigue, we will exploit it. Create a few chances in this period, take a couple, we will be fine. However, if we allow them to play their way in, and allow crosses and set pieces into our box, then it could be a long afternoon.

Half an hour's work at the maximum should do it.

Lawrie Reilly and Gordon Smith couldn't do it. Jimmy O'Rourke and Pat Stanton couldn't do it. Why be worried about Cummings and McGinn?

There's no such thing as the law of averages.

Why am I still worried?

Lawrie Reilly and Gordon Smith couldn't do it. Jimmy O'Rourke and Pat Stanton couldn't do it. Why be worried about Cummings and McGinn?

There's no such thing as the law of averages.

Why am I still worried?

That is prematch nerves mate!,relax and enjoy the game!

Biggest problem I see as having played so often this season MW's tactics will be well known to them and might be a factor.

In saying that I feel sure that we will win.

I'll be honest here Mac when I say that MW's tactics don't seem to be too difficult to work out - we will attack and I suspect every manager in Scotland will know that. It is counteracting those tactics that other teams have to work out.

For what it's worth I think we'll play our usual game. Hivs will look to hit us on the break or use set pieces for an advantage.