The Scottish Cup Final: Rangers v Hibs

Agree with Frankie's reasoning behind what appears to be an open contest that either side could win.

I thought MW was unusally candid in the interview I saw when he said something along the lines of 'we'll only know on Saturday if we have got our plans right and are at our best'. It might have been part of the old mindgames because there is little worse than going into this type of game appearing over-confident in the media. In this respect I thought MW judged the run-up to the semi-final perfectly and let Celtic build themselves up.

The only thing I'd be confident about is there being several goals in the game. Thereafter we'll have to see who gets them with the first being more important than usual. I think Hibs will start strongly and if they get the first goal will grow in confidence but at the sametime may prove to be mentally fragile if we can score it.

We have to look towards Barrie McKay and hope that he turns in another inspiring performance, he seems to respond when needed and is always brave and shows for the ball regardless of circumstance. Wallace and Tav should enjoy the size of the pitch with Kenny Miller always liable to pop up with a goal.

Bla, bla, bla may serve us to vent opinions or whatever but as MW says...we'll only find out on Saturday.

ps. Love the term 'pitch geography' :champs:

'Pitch geography' 'defensive eye' - I'm really getting educated on here. Maybe we should refer to goalkeepers having a sense of geometry! In that regard, Foderingham is a little lacking.

We've had three weeks to prepare for the thread Hibs bring (particularly at set-pieces). There should be no excuses. :)

Hibs have scored 9 goals against us this season and I can only remember one coming from a set-piece (corner 2-1 game at Easter Rd.).

Sometimes if the delivery is very good there is little you can do.

I think we'll try to base our game on possession and keeping Hibs at arms length as much as possible. That worked well against Celtic, although I think Hibs will get in our faces more (first half) and make it more difficult than Celtic did. Hibs can be decent middle to front and Ball will be a big miss......but so can we be very decent going forward and if we have the tempo, we'll be difficult to keep out.

Will it not be on the BBC Sport website? Perhaps someone else can confirm?

I think with Freeview you can only get your 'nation' and 'region', but with Satellite etc. you can get every BBC channel throughout the UK.

He has a good point about the red button though...

Amazing thing is this will be the 13th match against them in two seasons...

The first of those 13 games provided the only draw.

It was the Challenge Cup game at Ibrox that we won in extra time.

12 games without a draw,.....wWhat price 2-2 on Saturday ?

It might depend on how Hibs line up. Bartley is their physical option to allow McGinn and Henderson to make the play. However, he may only play if McGeouch is injured or, if as seems likely, Hibs go with a 3-5-2.

McGeouch is fit! That is not a homosexual remark by the way.:)

Edited by pete

If we cut out the defensive howlers we have been doing recently----then we should win.

Carry on with the "gifts"then we have no chance.

This level of pessimism leading into a game against Hibs astounds me.

We've beaten them in the last two games that were important - convincingly.