New Club Statement - spot on

Can I get "You're a joke, Tom" on a T-shirt?

Fantastic work Frankie! It must be soul-destroying to be consistently burned by logic.

[tweet]734656896762793984[/tweet]

As someone who wanted the club to stand tall here, I'm delighted.

Yes, there's an argument from a PR perspective that they story may change but the statement was all about defending our club and fans.

I'm sorry to read that because what the statement does is help our opponents. What do we get from it? Not a lot as far as I can see, beyond making some of us feel a little glow at the club hitting out at some 'enemies'.

The govt can issue a statement noting concern but as its a live police matter, they cannot comment further. A cop out, but annoyingly legally true. Nicola Sturgeon could if pressed make it clear she was unaware of what happened when she tweeted - I didn't know a thing about it until about midnight on Saturday & I'm guessing I'm more of a Bluenose than she is. There's no mileage in that avenue other than geeing up the non-SNP fans.

Without specifying that the 'defending' fans were helping out the disabled section, it reads like a weak justification of our fans who were on the pitch, allowing claims of hypocrisy - we absolutely need to keep control of the narrative since we have close on 100% of the media against us. We might also like to make it clear we'll hammer any of our own shown to have acted violently. Hannan in The National is a prime example - admittedly he's a terrible writer in a paper not even Nationalists buy but he's symptomatic of many and we must be razor sharp in how we present our side.

To deal with - really deal with - the journalists who have misrepresented or downplayed violent assault, the case needs to be made first. If the cops won't do so, by private actions. Then complaints are made as to why person X said this, or person Y said that. They have no wiggle room - the case has been proven in law. But pointing the finger before the evidence is set in stone just shifts the argument, deflects from the main issue and wastes everyone's time & energies.

It's more than worrying about a bit of PR - which, btw, is as bad as our defence - it's about bringing the people to serious account who plainly think Rangers players and fans getting a kicking is OK because, after all, they're only Rangers. This is a massive deal and it needs dealt with carefully and consistently. That is going to take a lot more than crowd pleasing statements made in the heat of the moment.

We cannot afford to lose this fight, but I worry the statement doesn't help us win.

The govt can issue a statement noting concern but as its a live police matter, they cannot comment further. A cop out, but annoyingly legally true.

Of course they can. They can instigate a review of the failings of the police.

Nicola Sturgeon could if pressed make it clear she was unaware of what happened when she tweeted - I didn't know a thing about it until about midnight on Saturday & I'm guessing I'm more of a Bluenose than she is. There's no mileage in that avenue other than geeing up the non-SNP fans.

She was informed fairly quickly on twitter and didn't say anything. Even now she has personally failed to condemn the Hibs fans for their attacks on our players.

Get the facts clear, then call for the condemnations. Expecting them a priori, except in the broadest of terms & especially from politicians, is optimistic and doesn't really advance our case. Cold, relentless pursuit of the facts and then start looking for heads to roll.

Is anyone else hearing rumours that Andy Halliday was knocked unconscious after being assaulted ? My mate assures me that Halliday did not leave the pitch until 10 minutes after the invasion.

Is anyone else hearing rumours that Andy Halliday was knocked unconscious after being assaulted ? My mate assures me that Halliday did not leave the pitch until 10 minutes after the invasion.

There is a picture of him being protected by the match officials,he is on his feet,no ddoubt it will all come out in due course