New Club Statement - spot on

Great statement ... and the dogs being hit bark loudest already.

Thing is, we need to take action if none is taken by the authorities. While I would assume that the Police will hunt for culprits, it remains very much to be seen what the SFA will do ... and, not least of all, when. If it is not satisfactory, we should a) ban Hibs support from Ibrox for the forseeable future, b) chase reporters who print straightforward lies through the courts, c) ban the BBC for the time being and take the SFA to the cleaners if they don't act on the events, as it was a game under their jurisdiction and in their hands to protect our players. For starters ...

This statement is causing such a stir,it is being criticised by ''journalists'' like English,Speirs etc,it has caused such a stir even more that what the Statement is about,the Hobos pitch invasion and assaulting Rangers players and staff!

This statement is causing such a stir,it is being criticised by ''journalists'' like English,Speirs etc,it has caused such a stir even more that what the Statement is about,the Hobos pitch invasion and assaulting Rangers players and staff!

The fact it is causing more of a stir than the assaults could result in it becoming a faux pas. That said I am in complete agreement with the statement

showing them up for what they are more like, vile bigoted cretins

So glad The Board have confronted all aspects of this head on

Interestingly Stewart weir has tweeted about over hearing a BBC producer "making statements that are his own private views" won't necessarilty hold water with his employer.

This is the impartial BBC we are told.

Sturgeon criticized for not condemning soccer violence

GLASGOW, Scotland (AP) — Scottish First Minister Nicola Sturgeon was criticized by soccer club Rangers on Sunday for failing to condemn the behavior of Hibernian fans after violent scenes marred their Scottish Cup final.

May 22, 2016

Several Rangers players were assaulted as thousands of Hibernian fans came on the field following Hibs' dramatic 3-2 win at Hampden Park on Saturday. Hibernian supporters broke one of the goalposts and ripped up sections of the Hampden turf, while fights broke out among rival fans.

In a post from her official Twitter account, Sturgeon congratulated Hibs on their win but didn't comment on the crowd trouble. Rangers said Sunday that it "was not at all helpful" to see members of the Scottish government, including Sturgeon, failing to condemn the actions of Hibs fans.

"These failures are unbecoming of our elected representatives," Rangers said in a strongly worded statement. On Saturday, Rangers expressed shock at the "disgraceful behavior" by Hibs fans while praising its supporters for showing restraint "under severe provocation." Rangers called on governing body Scottish Football Association and police to investigate "where security measures failed."

Rod Petrie, the Hibs chairman who also is the vice-president of the Scottish FA, put the violence down to "over-exuberance" in the immediate aftermath. Rangers said it is "incomprehensible that no one, either from within the Scottish FA or Hibernian Football Club, has condemned Hibernian's supporters."

"We have not even had the courtesy," Rangers said, "of any contact whatsoever from Hibernian to ask after the well-being of those who were attacked by their club's supporters." Police said there have been 11 arrests for minor offenses at the match.

https://www.mail.com/int/sports/soccer/4362168-sturgeon-criticized-condemning-soccer-violence.html#.2002-stage-set1-1

It really has reached and actually gone beyond time to go. Time to leave them to rot in their backwater which will descend to the level of Irish football without us and make a new future for ourselves. It's obvious nothing is going to change. If they had killed one of our players yesterday even that would somehow be downplayed and spun to be somehow our fault.

To quote Shakespeare. “I must be gone and live, or stay and die.”

It is reaching a wider audience. Sky news this morning reported on "Rangers fury " .

It is reaching a wider audience. Sky news this morning reported on "Rangers fury " .

I think that's good. You would imagine it unlikely that anyone outside the blatantly bias Scottish environment would see the skewed ranting of these oddballs as anything but bizarre. The whole world has seen what happened now and they're not going to look at that and be cooing with admiration and understanding at the "exuberance" They're going to see it as any normal person would. Total insanity.

I hope the folks over at UEFA have a look and ponder what they're inviting into the Europa league. I doubt they would consider such activities at any of their matches in the same light the Scottish authorities appear to be so far though in saying that as far as i'm aware there is no actual SFA comment thus far.

I'm so pleased out board put out a strong statement. Incredible silence from a government who have been so keen to criminalise football fans for singing, but when players going about their job get attacked - nothing.

I really feel for Wes, he was furthest away. It's an absolute disgrace the numbers that got on so fast. Terrible security.