New Club Statement - spot on

There is a picture of him being protected by the match officials,he is on his feet,no ddoubt it will all come out in due course

At least there are some pictures out there showing this kind of thing, makes it so much harder to sweep under the carpet.

I'm sorry to read that because what the statement does is help our opponents. What do we get from it? Not a lot as far as I can see, beyond making some of us feel a little glow at the club hitting out at some 'enemies'.........

I don't think the standard statement would have registered.

Having players attacked on the pitch and the reaction to it has been sad but fairly predictable. A reaching of a 'line in the sand' of sorts that has been coming.

There is an undercurrent of hatred that is now going beyond the normal football rivalry levels, is becoming more widespread and manifests itself with people in roles of responsibility attempting to downplay attacks on players and many general supporters today online trying to deny it even happened.....and when faced with video evidence trying to present mitigating factors.

You could argue that parts of the statement further polarizes matters but there comes a time when a stand has to be made and you have to try and change the debate from what is relatively comfortable for the 'other side' into one that starts down a road to get to the underlying problems.

Get the facts clear, then call for the condemnations. Expecting them a priori, except in the broadest of terms & especially from politicians, is optimistic and doesn't really advance our case. Cold, relentless pursuit of the facts and then start looking for heads to roll.

FFS Andy, the facts ARE clear. Clear video evidence of Wallace being attacked, clear evidence of Foderingham being manhandled.

How long are you going to deny what our enemies deny.

Watch the footage and then come back with a reasoned opinion instead of pontificating whilst clearly not having viewed the footage. Had you seen the footage you wouldn't be casting doubt on what happened.

And whilst on the topic, Leeann Dempster found it more important to tweet about lesbianism than Rangers fans being attacked, and this was long after events were known.

Is anyone else hearing rumours that Andy Halliday was knocked unconscious after being assaulted ? My mate assures me that Halliday did not leave the pitch until 10 minutes after the invasion.

He certainly went missing as he was missing from the headcount in the dressing room

Having players attacked on the pitch and the reaction to it has been sad but fairly predictable. A reaching of a 'line in the sand' of sorts that has been coming.

There is an undercurrent of hatred that is now going beyond the normal football rivalry levels, is becoming more widespread and manifests itself with people in roles of responsibility attempting to downplay attacks on players and many general supporters today online trying to deny it even happened.....and when faced with video evidence trying to present mitigating factors.

You could argue that parts of the statement further polarizes matters but there comes a time when a stand has to be made and you have to try and change the debate from what is relatively comfortable for the 'other side' into one that starts down a road to get to the underlying problems.

If those in authority (notably the SFA and Hibs) continue to deny or (worse) excuse the violent behavior towards our players and staff, then we should surely be considering legal action through the courts for failure to adhere to the duty of care that these organisations have towards member clubs\opposition. Put the facts before a judge and jury (although finding an impartial jury may be difficult!) and let them see what they make of the facts and the excuses! I really can't believe some of the comment I've seen made.

I agree Buster - the powerful nature of that statement ensured it became a talking point - a talking point some in the media such as Cosgrove were doing their damnest to sweep under the carpet.

Furthermore the agencies responsible for the review into Saturday's failings are lo and behold the same agencies who failed supporters so miserably on Saturday. Rangers were absolutely spot on to call for an full independent review. The lessons from Hillsborough have clearly not been learned.

I agree Buster - the powerful nature of that statement ensured it became a talking point - a talking point some in the media such as Cosgrove were doing their damnest to sweep under the carpet.

Furthermore the agencies responsible for the review into Saturday's failings are lo and behold the same agencies who failed supporters so miserably on Saturday. Rangers were absolutely spot on to call for an full independent review. The lessons from Hillsborough have clearly not been learned.

Tbh D'art, I don't think the important issue here is security. I'm not saying the attacks on our players aren't important but presuming that the measures put in place and/or the actual reaction from security were simply very poor and inadequate.

IMO the important is the underlying issues which you and others have already touched upon over the weekend. The issues that mean these type of incidents on whatever scale will almost certainly happen again.

Over and above the usual football rivalry we have had our problems over the past few years which have been jumped upon by our main rivals in a metaphorical call to arms to fans of other clubs so as to focus on and squeeze Rangers out every which way they can.....This has been magnified with creative use of social media.

The other main polarizing factor has been political and the lingering legacy of the referendum campaign.

Pointing this out is one thing, trying to address the matter in a constructive manner is at this point in time next to impossible.