Dave King response #8.

Hes been up all night waiting for me to log in.Superb!!

Wow, I don't know whether you are massively egotistical or just paranoid... :eek2::crazy:

You'll also probably get offended at that...

I watched a fair amount of live games online, some on TV, and a lot of highlights, but I didn't see it through an "Everything McCoist does is shit" filter.

That doesn't mean I thought it was good (generally it was't that good) but there were some ok spells and ok games. Did you see any of the games which were reasonably ok?

I think the only game I got to see live was the Newcastle game and that was quite enjoyable, although I did have a few beers beforehand and was on holiday...

However, I do follow quite closely what's going on, and don't make stuff up or deny what happened. My opinions are based on fact and take into account what is actually happening at the club - so my eyes are open when making judgements.

When the pressure on mccoist became unbearable we would improve for a week or two. Sometimes the first game in that spell could be great.

We would then slip back until the pressure ramped up again.

That was one of the worst things. We could play we just didn't.

I saw those good games but fairly early the pattern established it's self.

You always knew playing well was to much effort for the players and manager.

When the pressure on mccoist became unbearable we would improve for a week or two. Sometimes the first game in that spell could be great.

We would then slip back until the pressure ramped up again.

That was one of the worst things. We could play we just didn't.

I saw those good games but fairly early the pattern established it's self.

You always knew playing well was to much effort for the players and manager.

I pretty much agree with all that. Where our opinions differ is probably the actual proportion of blame to McCoist. As I say, for me he's not great but when you take somethone not great and apply a load of incredibly bad circumstances to them, they becomes a lot worse. If they just keep their head above water instead of drowning, then they must have a smidgen of effectiveness.

I would like to see McCoist get a job for a club with a supportive board and see how he gets on, and way can see his style of football in comparison to other clubs in the same league - I'm assuming the lower ones. My viewpoint has always come from the fact that he could not be fully judged due the goings on. His best spells were when there was relative calm in the massive storms. But those calms were still rough and full of squalls.

My prediction is that he'll be fairly average, and partly due to the level of player, not particularly good to watch most of the time - but doubt it will be the worst in the league.

Basically, as a manager McCoist failed.

However, is it not time to draw a line under his tenure, and move onward (and upward)?

Edited by Uilleam

Which you can sure verify?

Of course, your remark begs the questions whom he should have signed in his first - ill-fated season - and for how much money and wages. Back then he was challenging for CL glory and the triple. Hindsight is such a glorious tool to wield, isn't it?

Of course you can verify it. We have the accounts. He ruined a good team in his first season certainly but my beef is about the lower leagues. Where internationals were sourced at great cost to win the 4th tier of Scottish football.

You don't have to be plato to see that's a mistake.

Of course you can verify it. We have the accounts. He ruined a good team in his first season certainly but my beef is about the lower leagues. Where internationals were sourced at great cost to win the 4th tier of Scottish football.

You don't have to be plato to see that's a mistake.

Anyone paying Ian Black 8k a week should have been hunted the following day.