Today's Transfer Rumours

Just blatantly stolen from a couple of online papers....

Apparently WS is keen on Everton's keeper Richard Wright who is available on a free in the summer and will have him watched over the next while in the reserve matches.

Scott Brown remains a priority and we're still interested in Scott MacDonald as well.

Well, Wright was always touted as being one of the best young keepers in England, but it just never really happened for him, did it? He's failed to make an impact anywhere since stepping up to the Premiership.

The story itself makes sense though I guess. Problem is that he wouldn't want to come up here and spend even more time on the bench, but is he any better than McGregor? I don't think McGregor has done anything wrong and we should stick with him if he's going to improve, so maybe we should stick with Robinson as reserve?

I don't know much about McDonald to be honest, but he's been getting good reviews this season along with Gow. They're both young, so I think that's a step in the right direction if we can supplement their signing with a couple of more experienced players.

Wright is a liability. Arsenal signed him from Ipswich but he never really excelled there and went onto Everton where he hasn't really done much to warrant 1st team football.

Brown yes, McDonald no.

I would rather see us look at taking Foster on loan from Man U - he has been very good at Watford this season.

Brown I would take, but can't believe we are continually linked with McDonald.

Cammy F

The only way I would accept asigning Wright is if he was going to be cover for McGregor - because he is certainly not any better. I've continuosly said I would love to See Brown in a Rangers strip and I think it will happen. Mcdonald would be an interesting addition to see how he would fare. I'm not too sure.............

I'm assuming he's competition/cover for McGregor.

As for the other guys like McDonald, Gow and Broadfoot, I'm pleased and optimistic. Can they be any worse than some of the players to have played for us in recent years? No.

Could they be any better? Definitely. At least they're young and have potential, so let's give them our full support.

Remember that until there is change at the top of the club, WS is working with very limited funds.

Wright was one of the best young keepers but a series of blunders seemed to drain all confidence out of him and he was never the same after.

The same happened to stanley Menzo of Ajax two blunders in a Euro tie let in van der Zar and Menzo never ever recovered.

Id have taken Wright about 6 years ago but but when he went to Arsenal he just turned into a poor keeper. Id rather John Burridge came out of retirement than Wright.

Brown yes as we need more midfielders but please no to McDonald.

When we getting linked with Lee McCulloch again!!!!!!