[FT] Rangers 5 (Kranjcar 19; Hill 35, 56; Kelleher 48 og; Dodoo 64) - 0 Peterhead

Fair comment but at the same time shouldn't we consider that other SPL sides were up against lower league opposition and didn't have anything like the walkover we did? In fact all other SPL teams involved tonight were beaten by lower league opposition and that's aside from the fact Peterhead beat Dundee to reach this stage.

I think that though we still have issues to be ironed out when the team clicks there is nothing else in Scotland matching anything like the levels we hit. I view Hamilton as a blip in which they just didn't get going and even at that should still have won.

The Dundee match will be telling. If we can click and sweep them aside not only is it a good 3 points away from home it's a sign the team is beginning to shake out to the strongest starting 11 and beginning to gel. I'm hoping Rossiter was pulled tonight because the manager decided that he is a starter for Saturday and since the match was already well won there was no point in risking him.

He played very well indeed and I still don't think I have yet seen him lose out in a scuffle for the ball. The more time he gets on the pitch chances are he will get even better. And he isn't even fully grown yet strength wise.

Regarding Rossiter.... with every passing game he is looking like someone who is a seasoned pro - to the point that you wonder why we signed Barton - no disrespect to Joey - but Rossiter looks like a leader of a team.

He constantly offered himself for the ball, constantly found space to receive it, great first touch, sound distribution, broke play up when needed... As Frankie says - I think we have won a watch with this kid !!

Regarding Rossiter.... with every passing game he is looking like someone who is a seasoned pro - to the point that you wonder why we signed Barton - no disrespect to Joey - but Rossiter looks like a leader of a team.

He constantly offered himself for the ball, constantly found space to receive it, great first touch, sound distribution, broke play up when needed... As Frankie says - I think we have won a watch with this kid !!

Maybe to play when rossiter isn't fit and vice versa

I know you're a cunning linguist dB but that's all Greek to me! At least I can improve my knowledge of the Cyrillic alphabet.

The best way of learning a foreign language is by doing it with something you like anyway. But yes, this is more or less only for improving everyone's skill in Cyrillic ;)

E.g., Джилкс (Gilks) is essentially the phonetic transcribtion of the goalie's name, with the inital G being different to the one in Glasgow (Глазго (glasgo)). Same for Dodoo - Доду.

Yet, not every name works like that, as due to the vowel shift and the like, some names get rather "interesting" transcriptions in Russian, e.g. Blockley Блокли. But having said that, that Yahoo's loanee name isn't exactly easy either, Fiacre Kelleher (the first name most likely taken from some semi-ancient Irish saint).

Those of us who may be styled cruciverbalists will ken that a "fiacre" is a small horse drawn carriage.

The name originates, it appears, from St Fiacre, who somewhere along the line became patron saint of cab drivers.

(I know, I know.)

The question is how to pronounce it, when used as a forename, like Fiacre Kellaher, rasellik loanee.

My Bishopton Loyal correspondent suggests "fucker", and who am I to disagree?

Edited by Uilleam

The best way of learning a foreign language is by doing it with something you like anyway. But yes, this is more or less only for improving everyone's skill in Cyrillic ;)

E.g., Джилкс (Gilks) is essentially the phonetic transcribtion of the goalie's name, with the inital G being different to the one in Glasgow (Глазго (glasgo)). Same for Dodoo - Доду.

Yet, not every name works like that, as due to the vowel shift and the like, some names get rather "interesting" transcriptions in Russian, e.g. Blockley Блокли. But having said that, that Yahoo's loanee name isn't exactly easy either, Fiacre Kelleher (the first name most likely taken from some semi-ancient Irish saint).

That is why my German has not got passed: Oh Ja,Oh Ja Oh Jaaaaaaaaa. Oh, das war gut.:D

Going back to the Wilson situation I commented last season on him leaving a team that had gained promotion to the Premier division and stepping back to the Championship asking if he had the quality to play in the higher league.

After inept displays I am now of the opinion that the question I asked of him last season has proven to be correct and that he might have some limited ability but lacks the mental strength to move up a level.

Those of us who may be styled cruciverbalists will ken that a "fiacre" is a small horse drawn carriage.

The name originates, it appears, from St Fiacre, who somewhere along the line became patron saint of cab drivers.

(I know, I know.)

The question is how to pronounce it, when used as a forename, like Fiacre Kellaher, rasellik loanee.

Jeez, you learn something every day!

No. What they do is their business. What we do is ours.

Beating Peterhead and justifying it by pointing out other SPL teams got beat means little.

We are trying to win the league and the results of SPL teams last night have absolutely no bearing on that whatsoever.

We need to beat whatever teams are put in front of us - be that Celtic, Peterhead or Auchinleck Talbot..... we cannot control other results, other performances or other teams. Concentrate on us, always.

We will be fine.

No disrespect intended JFK... but when you say there is nothing else in Scotland matching our levels... you also said Saturday past would be an absolute doing for Accies - and it didn't quite turn out that way..... From one game to the next, that is all we can do... focus on the next game in front of us.

While I agree with some of what you say what I said about the team was.

I think that though we still have issues to be ironed out when the team clicks there is nothing else in Scotland matching anything like the levels we hit.

Not that I have watched them all but is there anything out there matching the levels we hit when playing as they did last night? Anyone think we would have struggled against postmen from Gibraltar or minnows from Malta playing like that? Would Hamilton have survived a display like that? Was there anybody at all who thought Hamilton would be a problem?

And while I agree we can't focus on just one performance the same can be said about the Hamilton performance when they just didn't get going till later in the match and of course we need to focus on one match at a time as the manager himself constantly insists but if this level of performance is carried on from one match to the next is there much out there that could touch us?

Regardless of it being Peterhead who actually played not badly in a defensive sense but were simply overwhelmed taking 5 goals which could easily have been even more from anybody at all in a competitive match has to be encouraging when nobody else in the SPL is dominating in such a fashion against any level of competition.

I'm greatly encouraged after the disappointment of Saturday which as I said in the meantime I will consider a first day blip and maybe even a one half blip to some extent. So yes we need to focus on just one match at a time but if the team can consistently reproduce the rhythm and intensity of last night it has to be taken as at least encouraging regarding the next match and the one after that and so on as they begin to further gel and attain a peak of match fitness.

I also found it encouraging that 7 of the starting lineup were Summer signings and it might arguably not even be our strongest team with Waghorn missing and McKay sitting on the bench so all in all i'm extremely encouraged after Hamilton.

It was poor decision-making from Tav but hopefully he'll learn from it.

After having looked at it a number of times slowed down it all happened very quickly and it's difficult to say if Tavernier even knew Dodoo was there and whether he could make it because at the time the shot was struck Dodoo was level with two defenders one on each side of him. Maybe Tav needs to be more aware of where his strikers are?

Personally I think Dodoo does have the pace to have got there and he had a very nice chunk of space right in front of him to receive it and tap it in. The frustration of Dodoo was evident because he was desperate to get on the score sheet and i'm glad he eventually did lest he might have come out of it feeling a little down.

Also both Tav and Dodoo were standing just barely onside when the ball was struck by Rossiter. Tavernier raised his arm to ask for the ball the instant Rossiter turned in that direction and immediately began his run even before Rossiter had hit the pass and both he and Dodoo reacted very quickly indeed. It was a great fast piece of play from all concerned taking away the fact that ideally Tav probably should have knocked it into the centre for Dodo.

That's one way to split open the packed defences which often trouble us.

Interesting how Kranjcar took both corners for Hills' two goals and also a free kick in between the two corners which Keirnan forced a good save from their keepr with a powerful header,quality crossing