[FT] Rangers 5 (Kranjcar 19; Hill 35, 56; Kelleher 48 og; Dodoo 64) - 0 Peterhead

Wilson should be expecting to be the first central defender on the team sheet.

At his age and with his experience he should be first pick!,he needs to step up another level,he is young enough to improve but does he have the hunger/desire?

The performance was excellent last night -- or as good as it can be against poor opposition!

Having Rossiter in there was a revelation! Yes, he controlled the ball well, shielded the back four and got stuck into a tackle now and again, but I thought his passing was excellent: it's the vertical, straight passing through the lines into feet -- and the through-balls! :notworthy: -- that really helped us get through a packed midfield. I though Barton and Kranjcar were better positioned allowing better link-up play with teammates too.

Dodooooooo was terrific also: his link-up play and one-twos with midfielders was brilliant to see (simple but effective); and then his movement and pace gave Peterhead problems all night.

We can't really judge the defense, but a cleansheet is a cleansheet.

There is a real headache when it comes to team selection on Saturday. I don't envy the problem, but it's a good one to have! I'm looking forward to the next game, to see if we can carry this performance into a bigger test.

Edited by Rousseau

FT: Rangers FC vs. Peterhead FC 5:0 (2:0)

1:0 Niko Kranjčar 19.min.

2:0 Clint Hill 35.min.

3:0 Fiacre Kelleher (o.g.) 48.min.

4:0 Clint Hill 56.min.

5:0 Joe Dodoo 65.min.

90 Minutes in 90 Seconds

http://www.rangerstv.tv/viewfree.php?it=15166&c=Inside%20Ibrox&r=236678734985

20 Minutes Highlights (scroll down page) - Без сострадания - "Рейнджерс" 5:0 "Петерхэд"

"Рейнджерс": Джилкс, Тавернье, Кирнан, Хилл, Ходсон, Росситер (Холлидэй' 62), Бартон (Холт' 62), Кранчар (Маккай' 62), О'Халлоран, Доду, Форрестер

"Петерхэд": Смит, Страчан, Росс (Макинтош' 54), Рамсби, Нобл, Келлехер, Стивенсон (Райли' 53), Ферри, Блокли, Редман (Нессор' 61), Макаллистер

Рефери – Эндрю Даллас

Предупреждения: Страчан' 22, Росс' 50, Рамсби' 70

Удаление – Блокли' 55

Голы: Кранчар' 19, Хилл' 35, Келлехер' 48 (автогол), Хилл' 56, Доду' 65

г. Глазго / Стадион "Айброкс" – 27.076 зрителей.

http://rangersfc.org/index.php?dn=news&to=art&id=1927

Gordon Smith said it must be great for the lad training with and learning from Kenny Miller. It will be interesting to read Tannochs reaction to that.:D

Miller by all accounts is a perfect trainer, a model professional, and would no doubt be an excellent role model for younger players to look up to. He just has a dreadful first touch, is a really poor finisher, terrible in the air, his positional sense leaves a lot to be desired and his pace has long since ceased to be a threat. In short, I have no problem with Miller the man being around the place, I just dont rate the player on the park and dont want him in the team because I believe he weakens it by being there.

Just in from game and reading comments agree with most of them.To me when Halliday came on there was not so much threat as he slowed things down with his sideways passing ,he needs to be more forward thinking.Glad to see Holt back and as full of running as ever.

Did not miss Wallace and Wilson must be wondering if he will get back in.

Some of McKay's passing from midfield was excellent.

All in all good performance even allowing for opposition.

I think Wilson is comfortably our best ch

FT: Rangers FC vs. Peterhead FC 5:0 (2:0)

1:0 Niko Kranjčar 19.min.

2:0 Clint Hill 35.min.

3:0 Fiacre Kelleher (o.g.) 48.min.

4:0 Clint Hill 56.min.

5:0 Joe Dodoo 65.min.

90 Minutes in 90 Seconds

http://www.rangerstv.tv/viewfree.php?it=15166&c=Inside%20Ibrox&r=236678734985

20 Minutes Highlights (scroll down page) - Без сострадания - "Рейнджерс" 5:0 "Петерхэд"

"Рейнджерс": Джилкс, Тавернье, Кирнан, Хилл, Ходсон, Росситер (Холлидэй' 62), Бартон (Холт' 62), Кранчар (Маккай' 62), О'Халлоран, Доду, Форрестер

"Петерхэд": Смит, Страчан, Росс (Макинтош' 54), Рамсби, Нобл, Келлехер, Стивенсон (Райли' 53), Ферри, Блокли, Редман (Нессор' 61), Макаллистер

Рефери – Эндрю Даллас

Предупреждения: Страчан' 22, Росс' 50, Рамсби' 70

Удаление – Блокли' 55

Голы: Кранчар' 19, Хилл' 35, Келлехер' 48 (автогол), Хилл' 56, Доду' 65

г. Глазго / Стадион "Айброкс" – 27.076 зрителей.

http://rangersfc.org/index.php?dn=news&to=art&id=1927

I know you're a cunning linguist dB but that's all Greek to me! At least I can improve my knowledge of the Cyrillic alphabet.

Fair comment but at the same time shouldn't we consider that other SPL sides were up against lower league opposition and didn't have anything like the walkover we did? In fact all other SPL teams involved tonight were beaten by lower league opposition and that's aside from the fact Peterhead beat Dundee to reach this stage.

I think that though we still have issues to be ironed out when the team clicks there is nothing else in Scotland matching anything like the levels we hit. I view Hamilton as a blip in which they just didn't get going and even at that should still have won.

The Dundee match will be telling. If we can click and sweep them aside not only is it a good 3 points away from home it's a sign the team is beginning to shake out to the strongest starting 11 and beginning to gel. I'm hoping Rossiter was pulled tonight because the manager decided that he is a starter for Saturday and since the match was already well won there was no point in risking him.

He played very well indeed and I still don't think I have yet seen him lose out in a scuffle for the ball. The more time he gets on the pitch chances are he will get even better. And he isn't even fully grown yet strength wise.

No. What they do is their business. What we do is ours.

Beating Peterhead and justifying it by pointing out other SPL teams got beat means little.

We are trying to win the league and the results of SPL teams last night have absolutely no bearing on that whatsoever.

We need to beat whatever teams are put in front of us - be that Celtic, Peterhead or Auchinleck Talbot..... we cannot control other results, other performances or other teams. Concentrate on us, always.

We will be fine.

No disrespect intended JFK... but when you say there is nothing else in Scotland matching our levels... you also said Saturday past would be an absolute doing for Accies - and it didn't quite turn out that way..... From one game to the next, that is all we can do... focus on the next game in front of us.