Barton *thinks* he's still a Rangers player

The club will not state what has happened they will just make a general statement. The only way we will get an idea what has happened is if it is leaked.

We can't slag the media one minute, then hang for their every word the next.

I'm not saying rumour A or B won't be proven to be correct but I do think Chinese whispers are unhelpful. No newspaper or forum poster has a 100% track record when it comes to this stuff.

Frankie... do you honestly believe what comes out of the club? Didn't the Lescott affair teach you to trust what they say with trepidation and don't be surprised if its just the usual hype, spin and bluster

GSTQ

I'm quite capable of judging each issue on its own merits, thanks.

We can't slag the media one minute, then hang for their every word the next.

I'm not saying rumour A or B won't be proven to be correct but I do think Chinese whispers are unhelpful. No newspaper or forum poster has a 100% track record when it comes to this stuff.

I agree they will not be correct all the time but in these things it mostly gets leaked eventually. Sometimes gaining information is gathering small snippets of news and painting a larger picture. One thing is certain we will not get the true story from the club.

Frankie... do you honestly believe what comes out of the club? Didn't the Lescott affair teach you to trust what they say with trepidation and don't be surprised if its just the usual hype, spin and bluster

GSTQ

GordoRFC ... do you honestly not believe what comes out of the club? What did the Lescott affair teach you to trust what little information you got from elsewhere - and you own opinion - more than what the gaffer said? Why on earth would the club - with Rangers men from top to bottom - resort to any "usual hype, spin and bluster"?

Not that I saw ANY hype, or spin and bluster from the club these last year and a half. But you'll sure teach us something about that?!

Regarding the topic: we know next to nothing about what happened, just some hard facts. I do find it somewhat peculiar that some who have not been impressed by his performances (for one reason or another) see need to lay into him again and speak about him being no great loss. At best a bit early, at worst somewhat daft.

And having scanned FF, there is no info to be had there either.

Edited by der Berliner

Despite his reputation – and his displays for Burnley last season – Barton has failed to live up to the hype.

Both he and Niko Krancjar have been accused of slowing down a Gers midfield that steam rolled all before them last season.

But Warbs insisted: “The people who say that ...

They are a hypocritical bunch, this media lot. First they started all the Barton hysteria and pushed it way beyond all levels, now they can't be quick enough to pull the legs under him. We are five games into the season, an entirely different league, opposition and style of play, ever changing partners and then people expect ... exactly what? That a defensive midfielder runs the show like Messi or the like? Given the hype they created? These are the same people who think Scott Brown is a footballer, not to mention some world class guy.

And what sort of ostentatious scribbling is this, i.e. calling the gaffer "Warbs" in one article, like he's their best friend, then slaughtering him in the next about some Plan A tunnel vision tactics or the like ...

Edited by der Berliner

We can hardly be surprised given his career's been littered with regular incidents like this. I was hoping for a season or two of good behaviour and the sort of form he produced last season. Unfortunately, he's turned out to be a really poor signing.

I was pretty surprised when we signed him. He was one of the best players in the Championship last season and could have been playing in the EPL this season. That's way above the market we're currently in. Did he know he was on his last legs and not up to that level anymore? He isn't half the player he used to be.

They are a hypocritical bunch, this media lot. First they started all the Barton hysteria and pushed it way beyond all levels, now they can't be quick enough to pull the legs under him. We are five games into the season, an entirely different league, opposition and style of play, ever changing partners and then people expect ... exactly what? That a defensive midfielder runs the show like Messi or the like? Given the hype they created? These are the same people who think Scott Brown is a footballer, not to mention some world class guy.

And what sort of ostentatious scribbling is this, i.e. calling the gaffer "Warbs" in one article, like he's their best friend, then slaughtering him in the next about some Plan A tunnel vision tactics or the like ...

Aye but.....they're right. There's no denying the fact that Barton hasn't lived up to the hype, nor that he and Kranjcar slow our midfield down.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy