[FT] Aberdeen 2 - 1 Rangers (Halliday 79 pen)

I said at half tim the ref was doing ok. Well, he certainly reverted to form with that decision. Awful decision.

Not taking anything away from the execution though.

We've blown so many games by a combination of dreadful defending and really poor finishing. We should have been out of sight in this one too ?

Gutted.

We dominated the game but didn't do enough in forward areas. I thought we'd pummel them after we did force an equaliser but instead we continually gave the ball away and lost to a superb free kick which shouldn't even have been given.

We have to stop conceding stupid goals - everyone fell asleep at the start of the second half and it's beyond a joke.

Agree,hardly surprising though ,its been going on for at least10 months.

Not much too bad with our performance today!,their 1st goal was terrible defending,apart from that we dominated the whole match

The comment isn't about performance Ian. Dominating the ball means absolutely nothing if you don't put the ball where it needs to go to win games. Likewise, dominating possession means nothing if you give goals away.

We are mentally weak and need to be much, much stronger than that.

As MW himself says, it's a results-driven business. Performance without results only lasts so long.

I say it again, we are mentally weak.

Their goal came from us attacking them at the edge of their box.

We sure gifted them the first and Tav should have a restless night, but they in turn hardly offered anything that would validate the league position they find themselves in.

And we offered plenty to invalidate our position. It is what it is and we just need to move on from this and peg them back when they have to come to ibrox. The team is starting to play at last and not getting any breaks. I have always thought we wont start seeing the best of them till into the second quarter and there is still ample time to get back up to the top.

We're in a similar situation to Chelsea last season where we're going to be forced to change the manager if things don't improve, even if he does have a very good track record.

The players we have are not good enough and it's looking like the manager isn't either. The board have to take responsibility too though because there has been a complete lack of financial investment. Buying second/third rate players from England for peanuts doesn't really work for a club like us now that we're in the top tier.

Ahhhh, there is that short-terming we all know and love.

How did Chelsea's short-terminology work for them last season into this ?

The manager deserves more than one transfer window to get it right. We can discount last season's Windows as his job then was to get a team to win the championship. This window looked very good on paper..... Sadly the reality looks different. Still deserves far more time though.

But then.... I guess this is the generation of instant gratification.... "Give me what I want and give me it now".