[FT] Aberdeen 2 - 1 Rangers (Halliday 79 pen)

Easy shout there!,anyway I'm not getting into a debate,pointless

No offense meant Ian. I'm not having a debate I'm stating facts. This result wont say Rangers looked impressive on the ball the records will say today Aberdeen secured 3 points in the league by beating Rangers by 2 goals to 1.

Now the if I was to open a debate I would argue that if we don't sort this out we'll be looking at a relegation battle.

After some probing, "high-flying" Aberdeen reverted to exactly the same tactic like anyone else we have faced bar the Yahoos. Shut the door and hit on the counter. Let the people play ...

And you are always looking bad if can't pick up a goal or two against the brick wall, while they are smashing if they can run up at you with a quick break. They probably feel like world beaters tonight and for some time to come, and with them (and some others) reality won't set in anytime soon. Well, perhaps next weekend, when they get beat by Killie or the like.

It is quite frustrating and stuff such like today is hard to take. It is bad enough to play badly and concede, but playing reasonably well and concede such a freak one as a KO blow ... well well.

Excuses every week. Sorry but eventually you just need to put our hands up and say we are just not good enough. Our weaknesses out weigh our positives. If we want to play teams off the park at the cost of height and strength then you have to have an abundance of movement, vision, stamina, belief and finishing throughout the team. We don't and until we do we are going to struggle in this league.

Edited by trublusince1982

Excuses every week. Sorry but eventually you just need to put our hands up and say we are just not good enough. Our weaknesses out weigh our positives. If we want to play teams off the park at the cost of height and strength then you have to have an abundance of movement, vision, stamina, belief and finishing throughout the team. We don't and until we do we are going to struggle in this league.

Don't mix "facts" with "excuses" and do not forget that there are 12 more men on the park too who play or ref the game.

It's all good and well to complain about teams parking the bus. But the REALITY is that these are called tactics. Negative tactics perhaps but tactics nonetheless. It is our job to prevent such tactics from delivering us negative results.

I still remember the UEFA final where Zenit completely dominated possession 1st half..... Advocates told his players to give Rangers the ball 2nd half and draw us higher up the pitch with possession. When our attacking play broke down Zenit now had ample space in which to attack. A very effective tactic against parking the bus mentality.

If you are suggesting we go back to the big, strong bruiser types who can't really play football but are just bigger than everyone else then it's a no thanks from me.

If you are suggesting we go back to the big, strong bruiser types who can't really play football but are just bigger than everyone else then it's a no thanks from me.