[FT] Aberdeen 2 - 1 Rangers (Halliday 79 pen)

Now, it is always good to sit here and debate that we are not progressing, but you've got your personnel and have to use it. We are sure agree in unison that today's line-up was one of the strongest we could throw at them. Only results-wise were Aberdeen better than the Doonhamers (IMHO). We have chopped and changed the line up somewhat, can address some stuff in the game like bringing Kranjcar on, but in the end of the day, you have capable players who need to take their chances or, indeed, need to be brave. How farther can they progress than what they have shown us? They dominate games, they rattle up chances and ultimately, just now, fail to do what we did last season. Scoring more goals than the opposition. We are still in the learning process of breaking these brickwallers (which changing personnell) up, and thus far, we are not successful. Or, at times unlucky.

What a load of rubbish.

Then I agree. The style of football we are playing is good for me. We need what we still needed in the summer. 2 stronger CB's and a clinical finisher. That's MW's failing for me.

I really wish we had tried to nab Dembele from under Celtic's noses. That said, I'm still hopeful of Dodoo. Garner needs time before judgement.

I think our front 3 are playing too far apart from each other.

It wasn't the two CH's fault today they played pretty well. Tav was the issue for the first goal not covering round behind Wilson who lost the header.

We've got more problems than simply looking at the CH's.

Our three signings, Barton, Kranjcar and Garner who are supposed to take us to a higher level have all failed to impress. Kranjcar was very poor this afternoon, misplaced passes and losing possession.

I don't think he did much wrong tbh but I'm not sure what he added by coming on. McKay was far more wasteful with the ball IMO

believe me mate i would much rather be saying its just around the corner and we have what it takes. I hate losing it goes against every fibre in my body but a rose is a rose as they say and all we can all do is call it as we see it.

Every game like everyone else i hope today is the day and I get all excited and expectant before kickoff. Even at halftime today i was just praying the front three could find some composure and take the chances.I suppose that's the addiction and love for Rangers that we all have.

The thing is... Different people see the same thing in different ways.

Take today. Some will simply say we lost and it isn't good enough, fair enough.

Some will say we outplayed them and got unlucky, again fair enough.

And some will say we are a CB and ST away from challenging. Again fair enough.

All 3 are different shades of "glass half full or glass half empty".

I think our midfield with Holt, Windass, Halliday and Crooks is just fine. Full backs are more than good enough too. We need a CB or 2 and we need a prolific striker and then we aren't far away....

Can't blame the manager too much when his first 4 targets at CB choose other teams.

I'm a glass half full kind of guy. I still think we will come good and that we need to have some patience. Like it or not there is an adjustment to playing the top tier sides every week.

Then I agree. The style of football we are playing is good for me. We need what we still needed in the summer. 2 stronger CB's and a clinical finisher. That's MW's failing for me.

I really wish we had tried to nab Dembele from under Celtic's noses. That said, I'm still hopeful of Dodoo. Garner needs time before judgement.

I think our front 3 are playing too far apart from each other.

we have a few issues for me. Fitness in what should be key areas of the field. A couple of the midfielders just don't rotate and move as they should largely because it isn't natural for them to do so. Training and time will help of course but time is the enemy.

The front three have to be strong finishers in front of goal. Personally don't think one is enough if you are going to concede pretty much at least a goal a game as this formation likely will cause. For me you really want 20 goals a piece from the front three at the very least from two of them. We just don't have players that are naturally composed in front of goal. As you say they are too far apart, for me that's because none of them naturally float towards goal scoring spaces or attack the ball when it enters the box.

The thing is... Different people see the same thing in different ways.

Take today. Some will simply say we lost and it isn't good enough, fair enough.

Some will say we outplayed them and got unlucky, again fair enough.

And some will say we are a CB and ST away from challenging. Again fair enough.

All 3 are different shades of "glass half full or glass half empty".

I think our midfield with Holt, Windass, Halliday and Crooks is just fine. Full backs are more than good enough too. We need a CB or 2 and we need a prolific striker and then we aren't far away....

Can't blame the manager too much when his first 4 targets at CB choose other teams.

I'm a glass half full kind of guy. I still think we will come good and that we need to have some patience. Like it or not there is an adjustment to playing the top tier sides every week.

as you say we all have our opinions and rightly so. In this case i honestly hope yours are right and mine are wrong. Would rather see us win than be right

Our three signings, Barton, Kranjcar and Garner who are supposed to take us to a higher level have all failed to impress. Kranjcar was very poor this afternoon, misplaced passes and losing possession.

When Kranjcar came on, he introduced the one-touch passing game missing throughout. Before that it was more often than not "stop the ball, run a few steps and look" ... allowing the opposition to get near or into position. Both McKay and Tav were not at their best today, I actually wondered why Dodoo did not replace McKay ... instead of Forrester.

It wasn't the two CH's fault today they played pretty well. Tav was the issue for the first goal not covering round behind Wilson who lost the header.

We've got more problems than simply looking at the CH's.

I'm talking generally, not specifically today.

Tavernier has been our best player this season but, like ALL players, can make mistakes. I didn't simply say 2 CB's either..... We also need a clinical finisher.

we have a few issues for me. Fitness in what should be key areas of the field. A couple of the midfielders just don't rotate and move as they should largely because it isn't natural for them to do so. Training and time will help of course but time is the enemy.

The front three have to be strong finishers in front of goal. Personally don't think one is enough if you are going to concede pretty much at least a goal a game as this formation likely will cause. For me you really want 20 goals a piece from the front three at the very least from two of them. We just don't have players that are naturally composed in front of goal. As you say they are too far apart, for me that's because none of them naturally float towards goal scoring spaces or attack the ball when it enters the box.

Exactly. Dare I say it.... We need a lazy bastard like Boyd.... Someone that has no interest in running channels or dropping deep, but will poach the box and take chances.