[FT] Aberdeen 2 - 1 Rangers (Halliday 79 pen)

I think its a valid concern rather than scaremongering.

We've got an unbeaten home record Craig with 1 win and 2 draws with 3 goals for and 2 against so I guess that's something. Away from home we've won 1, Drawn 1 and lost 2 with 5 goals for and 9 against.

Kilmarnock, Hamilton and Dundee are sitting on 6 points. Kilmarnock being in the relegation zone due to goal diff in 11th place. In between them and us is ICT with 8 points. Those three teams only need 1 win as it stands to put us in the relegation zone. We've got bottom of the league Partick Thistle next week, Killy v Aberdeen, Accies v ICT and Dundee v Celtic. So by this time next week if we don't beat Partick at home and other results go the way of Killy and Accies, I cant see Dundee taking anything from Celtic, we will be skirting that Zone mate and still have ICT, Hearts and St Johnstone to play. Granted its just the first meeting of each team in a long season but it doesn't make pleasant reading from where I'm sitting.

We will agree to disagree my friend as I have absolutely no concerns about relegation.

I can get why people are so frustrated and disappointed but, for me anyway, I'd be more concerned if there weren't (tentative) signs of progression.

As much as we didn't create enough clear-cut chances today, we dominated the game and played fine for long periods. We also defended well by and large. One switch off, however unacceptable, and one great free kick that really went against the run of play cost us and it's a real pity given we put a lot into the game.

I think the biggest issue we (still) have is finding a settled XI and stick to it - injuries notwithstanding. MW seems to want to tinker too much (even today he moved McKay in a deeper, central role late on and it didn't work) and I didn't understand his decision to move Waghorn to the right side after his hat-trick during the week. I'd argue that the constant changes are affecting our fluency and the sharpness of players. If we're playing 4-3-3, play Garner, Waghorn or Miller up top end of. If we're playing two wide men, play McKay, Forrester or MOH. If we're playing three in midfield, make it Halliday and Holt and one other. Also, there's no need to make subs just for the sake of it.

All the above is just taking a bit longer than we'd hope and if we add in a bit of bad luck then we're perhaps in a lower position than we should be. However, after all the games so far, I've not seen anything in this league to worry about. Celtic are a decent side but the rest average. Unfortunately, for the moment, so are we but I'm confident that will change as we get further into the campaign.

Voice of reason in my humble opinion.

No we wont Craig because on no level do I agree with you here. We'll just disagree.

Haha, fair enough. Though by definition the fact we both disagree with each other means we "agree to disagree".

I have ZERO concerns about relegation. In fact, if you are so concerned about it lets have a wager.

Being the joint lowest scoring team in the league is frightening for a team built on attacking football. If we can start scoring goals at home it should be enough to get us up the league quickly.Only st j and hamilton have scored as few as us at home(3)

Sounds easy! here's hoping

Edited by trublusince1982

Haha, fair enough. Though by definition the fact we both disagree with each other means we "agree to disagree".

I have ZERO concerns about relegation. In fact, if you are so concerned about it lets have a wager.

The fact the word relegation is even being mentioned should set alarm bells ringing.

I'm really not.

You're implying relegation battles, that iis rubbish and when it doesn't happen you will simply say well it was bad at the time and I always hoped it would turn around with no acknowledgment that the relegation battle stuff was rubbish. When it's turned around you will insist you were right all along even though the man you're talking to is telling you right now that it will turn around and he will be proven right. Even when he's right somehow you will be too. That's what he is getting at.

DB we've won 5 of our last 17 league games

can you tell me at what point it gets bad enough that its acceptable to say , this is pish and needs changed - i should at this point tactically, personnel - rather than the manager.

Frankie put the voice of reason in here that is more eloquent than mine.

As for the Barca remarks ... we all know they are true. We've suffered, they have, we've been lucky, other teams too. Sometimes it is simply down to that, and I do not pretend (as some seem to think) that it is always like that. But if it stares at you in broad daylight, you would be foolish to ignore it. The luck bit that is. And likewise, it's not just down to us. If teams put all their effort and guts into defending and thwarting our play, you can't always expect our folk to climb ever higher levels to beat that week in and week out. Our chaps, as we all have noted, can only go so far. The sooner this is accepted, the less frustrating this will become ... in the short term.