[FT] Aberdeen 2 - 1 Rangers (Halliday 79 pen)

[blah, blah, blah] Not unsurprising that you join with SBS's baiting either. Would do if either of you would write something constructive or give some hints what we should do better or different.

I've questioned the tactics as long ago as last season. We still struggle convert possession into goals. Our defence is still poor. Opponents still cause us problems with a simple tactic. These facts are not unrelated.

Best team on the day, but leave with no points. Too many draws and defeats after 7 games. Personally I am doubting Warbs now. I`ll include the Scottish Cup final in that too.

I still have faith in the manager as we need to give him time with the new set of players but I'll be honest I'm kind of slowly edging that way myself after today. After where we have come from over the last 3/4 years, I admire the possession game we are trying to adopt but it needs more bite in the final third. For the amount of ball retention we have, we create very little in terms of out and out chances in a lot of games rarely trouble the opposition keeper. I can't blame the strikers as I feel they are getting very little in the way of service. It would be a different story if we created chance after chance and our strikers were firing blanks but they're not even getting the chances IMO. I know we created a few today but to quote Advocaat from back in the day, they were not 100% chances. They were half chances and "moments". I still feel we need that player that can play in the lines between midfield and our strikers.

Best team on the day, but leave with no points. Too many draws and defeats after 7 games. Personally I am doubting Warbs now. I`ll include the Scottish Cup final in that too.

I still have faith in the manager as we need to give him time with the new set of players but I'll be honest I'm kind of slowly edging that way myself after today. After where we have come from over the last 3/4 years, I admire the possession game we are trying to adopt but it needs more bite in the final third. For the amount of ball retention we have, we create very little in terms of out and out chances in a lot of games rarely trouble the opposition keeper. I can't blame the strikers as I feel they are getting very little in the way of service. It would be a different story if we created chance after chance and our strikers were firing blanks but they're not even getting the chances IMO. I know we created a few today but to quote Advocaat from back in the day, they were not 100% chances. They were half chances and "moments". I still feel we need that player that can play in the lines between midfield and our strikers.

Unfortunate to lose 3 points today but it seems to be a trend. I thought we were the better team in the first half, but again for the possession we have we don't make enough chances or get enough players into the box.

We have to stick with the Manager and support the team, we cannot afford anything else.

Unfortunate to lose 3 points today but it seems to be a trend. I thought we were the better team in the first half, but again for the possession we have we don't make enough chances or get enough players into the box.

We have to stick with the Manager and support the team, we cannot afford anything else.

Quite. Felt we'd been mugged today (and it was a scandalous decision to give a free kick). But we're still doing what we did last season: dominate without making it count and giving absolutely ridiculous goals away. It's early days but the summer recruitment has, for the most part, done nothing to address it. We've added loads of players but our strongest eleven has barely changed: Hill or Senderos for Kiernan and maybe Windass or Rossiter, depending on the game or squad rotation.

I've questioned the tactics as long ago as last season. We still struggle convert possession into goals. Our defence is still poor. Opponents still cause us problems with a simple tactic. These facts are not unrelated.

Aha. Now, what would you change? Repeating the obvious doesn't help. We've got 11 new players (of whom hardly half have played for any extended period of time), injuries to our defenders, all facts as well. I'd have my doubts that our players don't train hard and don't hit the net in training either, but on the field of play - right now - they seem to lack (including luck). I doubt they lack ability. At least for this league. Else we would not be dominating matches.

Aha. Now, what would you change? Repeating the obvious doesn't help. We've got 11 new players (of whom hardly half have played for any extended period of time), injuries to our defenders, all facts as well. I'd have my doubts that our players don't train hard and don't hit the net in training either, but on the field of play - right now - they seem to lack (including luck). I doubt they lack ability. At least for this league. Else we would not be dominating matches.

We are allowed to dominate matches.

I also think a problem we have is when balls are put into the box our midfield need to get in and around these chances. At least a couple of balls went into the box today and if Holt or Forrester had pushed up they could have slotted them home, I think our to front wide men if you like are also becoming ineffective. We are so predictable.