Time to right a few wrongs - Rangers v Celtic

Tavernier is indeed playing in the right-wing position. It could utilise his attacking threat while also having that defensive stability on the right flank with Hodson behind.

Gilks retains his place. There are arguably 4 strikers on the bench!

RANGERS: Gilks, Hodson, Kiernan, Hill, Wallace, Halliday, Holt, Windass, Tavernier, Miller, McKay.

Substitutes: Foderingham, Senderos, Crooks, Dodoo, Waghorn, Garner, O’Halloran

http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/semi-final-team-news/

Kiernan. Ugh. Could be a long afternoon chaps. Pity about Wilson as he had been improving.

Otherwise reasonably happy with that starting line-up, particularly Holt, Windass, Miller, and Tavernier relieved of defensive duties.

Good to see Dodoo and Garner on the bench, could be a role for both.

Funnily enough I found myself in agreement with Scott Brown yesterday. This should be a different game to last month. We're underdogs but if we're smart and if we're up for it, we can do this. Odds of 5/1 the Rangers win are laughable. 3/1 maybe.

While people will go on about a 4-3-3 here, I do think it will be more of a 5-4-1, with Tav and Hodson keeping tabs on Sinclair, while Holt, Windass and Miller will be the main strikeforce, and Halliday and McKay as providers.

Anyway, as long as everyone is up for this and gives his all, we are in with a chance.

NB: Good to see starts for Gilks and Hodson. Feel a bit for Forrester, as his ability and aggression might be needed.

Edited by der Berliner

Anyway, as long as everyone is up for this and gives his all, we are in with a chance.

In a strange way, the 5-1 game might do us some favours today. We had a number of OF debutants that day. Now they know what it's all about. It was glaringly obvious after that game that Joey Barton in particular thought he could come up here, give it the Billy Big Baws, and stroll it. Doesn't quite work like that and I'm sure (or hope) he knows it now.

I personally would have gone with Garner alongside Miller - he seemed to be the one new boy who played without fear in that game.