[FT] Ross County 1 - 1 Rangers (Hill 8)

We are capable of very good stuff (and we're helped by some hammer-throwing today) but we're not showing enough quality consistently and struggle to adapt when we can't break teams down.

Kranjcar would have been very useful today and I'm surprised Forrester wasn't on the bench given he's a more natural replacement than the ineffective Dodoo.

Agree this wasn't a game to replace like for like. It needed a change of tactics and that never came. We couldn't cross or hit the by line. Some creativity in midfield was needed.

Edited by Barebear

I don't really care (too much) about our occasional defensive lapses, I care that we are absolutely toothless up-front. We didn't created a single chance second-half.

We did, but failed to hit the target due to dogged defending. That was probably one of the poorest second halfs all season (excluding the LCSF). I'm especially disappointed with the weak-hearted strikers, be it Miller, Holt or Windass. Instead of shooting, they were always passing about and losing the chance. Similarly, the passing it out of defence was atrocious at times, not least in the last 15 mins. These people should be experienced enough to stop following guidelines and hit the ball away if it is required. Speaking of, it took us ages today to convert defence into attack, making it far more easy for County to defend.

McKay and Waghorn essentially brought nothing, Dodoo on the right wing got some two touches ... very disappointing all round.

NB: Kudos to County ... had a game plan, made it exceedingly difficult and gave their all. Wish we would have done the same.

Edited by der Berliner

We did, but failed to hit the target due to dogged defending. That was probably one of the poorest second halfs all season (excluding the LCSF). I'm especially disappointed with the weak-hearted strikers, be it Miller, Holt or Windass. Instead of shooting, they were always passing about and losing the chance. Similarly, the passing it out of defence was atrocious at times, not least in the last 15 mins. These people should be experienced enough to stop following guidelines and hit the ball away if it is required. Speaking of, it took us ages today to convert defence into attack, making it far more easy for County to defend.

McKay and Waghorn essentially brough nothing, Dodoo on the right wing got some two touches ... very disappointing all round.

NB: Kudos to County ... had a game plan, made it exceedingly difficult and gave their all. Wish we would have done the same.

Really? I must have missed it.

It's a good point you make about us not taking shots: we seemed to go back to waiting for the perfect pass.

Really? I must have missed it.

It's a good point you make about us not taking shots: we seemed to go back to waiting for the perfect pass.

MW called for bravery and we showed none again. Forrester and Dodoo want a shot, O'Halloran and Windass too. Tav's shooting is as off as it can be.

Our problem also seems to be that we are generally rather lightweight, Holt, Miller, McKay and Garner are not folk able to dominate a ball against tougher CHs or midfielders. Too easily pushed about, despite able to get the odd free kick because of that.

Games like these make me even more upset about the omission of Forrester or not playing Dodoo from the off, while sticking with Waghorn and McKay no matter what.

Everyone at the club involved with today's squad should be ashamed, but as the season has shown so far i doubt any of them are. Can it be said that any single player is sitting in that dressing room right now shattered after giving his all? Every poor performance is followed by fans pointing at possession stats and chances for compared to against. I think its just as well nobody can collate stats on effort, application and desire. We didn't deserve anything from the game today no matter the possession we had or the chances. There is no doubt that our players are of a better standard than those of Ross County but only one set of players are sitting there having given everything they had. Only one set of players earned a point for their club.

After every poor performance which is now most weeks we get the usual comments from players and the manager saying they understand the levels expected from the fans. That drawing isn't good enough, but do any of them agree and believe in it? That's the question for me. Does the manager demand better or does he call it just another game? Several times now the manager before or after games refers to it as just another three points. That's a philosophy that seems evident in his players performance. Its never just another 3 points at this club. Its pride. Its professionalism. Its our way.Its a calling if you like. All of us who follow this club believe in it to the bottom of our hearts. The manager and players need to install that mentality every time they put on the strip or the tie. Just turning up will never be enough. Getting through will never be enough. Making excuses will never do.

The players showed last week that they have the talent to play fantastic modern fast paced football. Unfortunately only 1 game in 20 at best this happens. Something needs to change and its not going to be our demands or principles. Its looking like it will take a massive shock to the system before this squad get on board full time. Whether the manager will instigate that shock or not is yet to be seen and getting less likely with every passing week. He might think nobody died after losing 5 against our biggest rival but hes wrong. Thousands of us died a little bit and continue to do so after every sign of our standards beginning to erode. Its time the manager removed his hands from his pockets and gave them hell. Five minutes was all it took today to see we were not at the races but barely a voice was raised in anger from the sideline. Each lacklustre display gives credence to Barton's apparent anger at performance levels.

No excuses shape up or ship out.