[FT] St Johnstone 1 - 1 Rangers (McKay 23)

My mystic powers know no end. I got a text at half time from a mate watching on tv that the BT scumbags had highlighted and gone into great detail about a skirmish with Kiernan and calling him to be sent off. I correctly predicted that Thursday's daily rhebel back page would be exactly as it is. Do I get a prize?

A great first half hour until our pissing about at the back cost us another goal. I would like to see the stats about how many goals we have conceded due to pissing about at the back compared to how many goals we have scored directly from moves starting similarly. I think (just a hunch) we are in negative numbers this season.

Garner has a couple of chances that he looked very Sebo-like in his finishing, Miller was typically gash, giving the ball away often and rarely supporting Garner up front. How he plays in front of the others remains a mystery. 4 goals in 25 or so games is an absolute embarrassment for a striker.

Windass continues to look like a player from the third tier of English football and so out of his depth at this level, a total waste of a shirt.

Others have commented that we played 3 at the back last night. I didnt see us like that very often in actual play. Wilson was left back in my book, with Hill/Kiernan at centre back and Tav at RB. If Wilson was left of 3 CB's, who was playing left wingback? I didnt see anyone between Wilson and McKay at left wing? I will say that my seat was very low down behind the goal and it wasnt easy to see the formation from my angle.

I pretty much got the game I thought I would get last night, us playing well for a spell, falling out of it for spells, and settling for a draw. Our away record under Warburton against top 6 sides is shocking. That is now 15 points dropped in 10 away league games with a goal difference of -3. I'd like to hear a defence for that record for a team with the resources which dwarf all other teams bar one.

My mystic powers know no end. I got a text at half time from a mate watching on tv that the BT scumbags had highlighted and gone into great detail about a skirmish with Kiernan and calling him to be sent off. I correctly predicted that Thursday's daily rhebel back page would be exactly as it is. Do I get a prize?

A great first half hour until our pissing about at the back cost us another goal. I would like to see the stats about how many goals we have conceded due to pissing about at the back compared to how many goals we have scored directly from moves starting similarly. I think (just a hunch) we are in negative numbers this season.

Garner has a couple of chances that he looked very Sebo-like in his finishing, Miller was typically gash, giving the ball away often and rarely supporting Garner up front. How he plays in front of the others remains a mystery. 4 goals in 25 or so games is an absolute embarrassment for a striker.

Windass continues to look like a player from the third tier of English football and so out of his depth at this level, a total waste of a shirt.

Others have commented that we played 3 at the back last night. I didnt see us like that very often in actual play. Wilson was left back in my book, with Hill/Kiernan at centre back and Tav at RB. If Wilson was left of 3 CB's, who was playing left wingback? I didnt see anyone between Wilson and McKay at left wing? I will say that my seat was very low down behind the goal and it wasnt easy to see the formation from my angle.

I pretty much got the game I thought I would get last night, us playing well for a spell, falling out of it for spells, and settling for a draw. Our away record under Warburton against top 6 sides is shocking. That is now 15 points dropped in 10 away league games with a goal difference of -3. I'd like to hear a defence for that record for a team with the resources which dwarf all other teams bar one.

agree with a lot of that but it was definitely 3 at the back from the start

As a striker, totally ineffective.

It's one thing being a good trier, and Garner certainly is that; but the primary job of a striker is to score goals. Garner has 3 in 17 league games including none in the last 9 over two months.

We paid £1.47m for his services which transfermarket rate at about a third of that.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/joe-garner/marktwertverlauf/spieler/46111

He scored goals in League 1 but struggled apparently as a lone striker in the Championship; so we overpay for him and ask him to play a similar role.

I don't understand the logic behind that decision, can anyone enlighten me?

Oh and BTW who is our most effective striker, why one 37 year old Kenny Miller with 4 goals and 4 assists in 19 games, more or less a goal or an assist every other match. Until we can find someone better, he gets a start in my team every time.

The Garner signing never made any sense at all. Wouldn't be so bad if he was one of our freebies or 100-200k peanuts signings, but we've spent a fortune on him. A complete waste.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

Our ressources are not dwarfing that many these days ...

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premiership/startseite/wettbewerb/SC1

We've paid an average of 140k per player of the 20odd we have right now. Quite a bit of our income does not end up with improving the playing squad these days, I would assume. We probably pay somewhat better than the rest bar the Scum can afford, but that does not make our current players any better then well seasoned SPL/Premiership pros. At least not as stellar as some would hope. And even despite that and playing out some turgid draws, we have climbed to 2nd spot.

All in due cause, right now we have to face the realities of our position ... and that position does not and will not change very rapidly. Well, I'm hoping to scoop the Euro 90m Eurojackpot this Friday, so I'm working on it ...

Edited by der Berliner

Why not play Joe Dodoo instead of Miller ?

I would have no problems with Dodoo getting a run in the team ahead of Garner. Garner has ably demonstrated that he is not a goalscorer at this level. Dodoo has 4 goals and 2 assists in the equivalent of less than 5 full games. He didn't do well at Tynecastle but who did? Since then he's had exactly 2 mins football whilst Garner has huffed and puffed but failed to blow the house down.

I keep expecting Garner to start a scoring run which so far just hasn't materialised. Apparently he took 18 games to get his first goal for PNE then went on a scoring streak. Saturday would be a perfect time to get it going.

I keep expecting Garner to start a scoring run which so far just hasn't materialised. Apparently he took 18 games to get his first goal for PNE then went on a scoring streak. Saturday would be a perfect time to get it going.

He was a consistent goalscorer in League 1 but appears to have failed to replicate that form in the EFL Championship as he has done in the SPFL Premiership. Conclusion - he's a League 1 player.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/joe-garner/leistungsdaten/spieler/46111/plus/0?saison=ges

There is no doubt that you are the eternal optimist; but I think if you had to watch Garner's efforts in the flesh so to speak, you might have given up all hope by now.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

He was a consistent goalscorer in League 1 but appears to have failed to replicate that form in the EFL Championship as he has done in the SPFL Premiership. Conclusion - he's a League 1 player.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/joe-garner/leistungsdaten/spieler/46111/plus/0?saison=ges

There is no doubt that you are the eternal optimist; but I think if you had to watch Garner's efforts in the flesh so to speak, you might have given up all hope by now.

But would you not say that Scottish Football is the equivalent of League 1 standard?

Spot on.

In the event that Kiernan gets done we should accept the punishment but also question why others who have committed assault (which is what Curran's elbow on Hill was) seem to have been allowed to continue unabated. Consistency doesn't seem to be a problem for just our players or referees but also the compliance officer....

The answer is very simple. He latest compliance officer is another yahoo who is selective on which incidents he chooses to punish.

Ones involving a Rangers player as the offender(Kiernan) will be punished. Where the Rangers player is the victim(Hill) will be overlooked