The end of the beginning: Rangers v Celtic

I can't believe more hasn't been said about Millers horrendous miss of the open goal that would probably got us a point. A lot said about Waggy & Forrester going for greed over a simple pass to play a teammate in for a tap-in, and while those were both scandalous wasted opportunities, Miller is 3 yards out with the simplest of finishes and somehow contrives to hit the post with the whole goal to aim for.

Captain calamity strikes again, how much longer must we put up with his constant failures?

"Captain calamity"

:facepalm:

I hate to throw sand at your blatant agenda, but Kenny Miller is not the problem.

Loan signings aren't supposed to be leaders. But if you have gaps in your team that need filled for six months or so they can be worth their weight in gold. From memory, Weiss won us a couple of tough away games where we were struggling to make a breakthrough. And Bartley, we'll agree to disagree on him because I thought he was solid when called upon. Scott Brown must still be picking bits of Kyle's studs out his legs.

Both came in at the start of the season and never made the team by the end of it.

Weiss might have won us a couple of games but his replacement in wilde turned us round when we were a clear second best and we went on to win the league.

Bartly was just awful.

Funny season that, 2010/11. By Spring we were struggling. By the time of the League Cup Final, we were massive underdogs and Celtic were going to steamroller us on their way to a treble, they had far more quality, we were in decline, blah blah blah. We won the cup, the arse fell out of Celtic and we suddenly started playing some great football. Funny old game football.

Funny season that, 2010/11. By Spring we were struggling. By the time of the League Cup Final, we were massive underdogs and Celtic were going to steamroller us on their way to a treble, they had far more quality, we were in decline, blah blah blah. We won the cup, the arse fell out of Celtic and we suddenly started playing some great football. Funny old game football.

It all coincided with wylde coming in. His pace forced them onto the back foot and other teams to.

Dutch commentator at the end of the game.

The important thing about this game is that the Rangers are back. They have come from far.The 54 times champions lost but it was far from a walkover. They may not be at the same level as Celtic just yet but they are building and should be back contending in the very near future.

nearly brought a tear to my eye.

'The important thing about this game is that the Rangers are back. They have come from far.The 54 times champions lost but it was far from a walkover. They may not be at the same level as Celtic just yet but they are building and should be back contending in the very near future.'

If that is how someone outwith the Scottish football environment sees Rangers, that'll do me.

Keep it going guys, WATP.

What we learned today or yesterday is we're not a million miles behind them. We were never winning the league this year no matter what certain elements of our support were saying.

All he laughable forecasts of us losing by 3 or 4 goals never happened. We might have even won it in the end.

What too many forget is the car crash McCoist left behind 18 months ago that MW and DW inherited. A total shambles. An absolute disgrace. They literally had 2-3 weeks to assemble a squad to get us back to the top division. They did that last season.

But MW is on schedule IMO. We're second in the league & on course to return to Europe next season. Challenging for the title & beyond will be next season at the earliest. But I genuinely believe we will do that.

What we learned today or yesterday is we're not a million miles behind them. We were never winning the league this year no matter what certain elements of our support were saying.

All he laughable forecasts of us losing by 3 or 4 goals never happened. We might have even won it in the end.

What too many forget is the car crash McCoist left behind 18 months ago that MW and DW inherited. A total shambles. An absolute disgrace. They literally had 2-3 weeks to assemble a squad to get us back to the top division. They did that last season.

But MW is on schedule IMO. We're second in the league & on course to return to Europe next season. Challenging for the title & beyond will be next season at the earliest. But I genuinely believe we will do that.

Yes I think next season will be a whole different ball game too. We have two transfer windows to strengthen the squad hopefully to an extent that there will be nothing like so many points dropped unnecessarily. We're not so far behind in the league simply because we lost to them but because we dropped so many points we shouldn't have starting right from day one when we drew with Hamilton.