[FT] Hearts 4 - 1 Rangers (Hyndman 36)

After the 4th went in I decided to watch Man City.

To think I thought they played shite the last time at Tynecastle.

Apart from Hyndman the rest were a disgrace.

When Hyndman was hooked i couldn't believe it, he was the only player that showed any real spark all night. I couldn't for the life of me understand that substitution.

I like miller but last night it was clear it just wasnt working with him up front. Halliday and Kiernan were liabilities.

Dont know if its just me but apart from Wallace i dont think anyone is in same planet as McKay... he seems to get into dangerous positions consistently but no-one, except for Wallace, seems to make good runs for him.

The past few games i can think of at least half a dozen times he gets to the byline but there is never a run to the near post and they expect him to dink the ball over 3 defenders to someone.... probably nit picking due to the crap result but surely they watch the tapes and see where we are missing chances and should make changes. Frustrates the hell out of me we have a guy that can beat players and get them on the back foot only to have zero support when he does it.

Edited by BeardyGuts

At what stage does Warburton realise that Halliday and Kiernan are liabilities and not fit for purpose? How many mistakes can be made and overlooked? I keep thinking back to the Scottish Cup semi-final against Celtic and both had really good games, but have come to realise that their performance that day was the exception to the rule. They found their level in the Championship/lower English leagues and are unable to take the step up. Warburton has had two transfer windows to address the problem (which virtually every fan has identified) and we have nada. Don't know if it purely a lack of income, or the right targets being unavailable/going elsewhere, but I do find it hard to believe that we could not find better players in their position than the 2 incumbents. We all love the supporter who gets to wear the shirt, but he is not a defensive midfielder. Perhaps he needs to tried in his more traditional position (wide on the left) or viewed as a utility player from the bench, rather than discarding him entirely, but we need better in the middle of the park. I have no excuses for Kiernan who has perhaps the worst positional sense I have ever had the misfortune of seeing in a central defender. He is a ball watcher and has been caught out constantly from corners and crosses by not marking his man. Not blaming them exclusively for the defeat tonight (Hyndman and Foderingham are the only two who would get a pass mark) but the on-going inability to cut out the mistakes (and crosses) is going to cost us goals this season.

Given the fact that we have missed out at the past transfer window, we are stuck with what we have. The only solution (imho) is a change of formation. We have to go to 3 at the back (would have to bring in Senderos for Kiernan [that's how bad we are]), Hill and Wilson.

Clearly we didn't learn from the previous Heart's debacle and any team that presses us high will always force a mistake. Will be interesting to see how Ross County approach the game on Saturday.

Mark Warburtons answer to those asking about the Hyndman substitution.

The Rangers boss said: “He is 20 years old, hasn’t played many 90 minutes and on Saturday he played an outstanding 90 minutes. He is a young, precocious talent and Saturday took a lot out of him. “The pitch out there is so heavy. We’ve got a responsibility to his parent club. We have got to look after their asset.”

Read more at: http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/mark-warburton-defends-emerson-hyndman-substitution-1-4355703

I would rather see us playing our own U20s, than have a Rangers Manager saying this.

Mark Warburtons answer to those asking about the Hyndman substitution.

The Rangers boss said: “He is 20 years old, hasn’t played many 90 minutes and on Saturday he played an outstanding 90 minutes. He is a young, precocious talent and Saturday took a lot out of him. “The pitch out there is so heavy. We’ve got a responsibility to his parent club. We have got to look after their asset.”

Read more at: http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/mark-warburton-defends-emerson-hyndman-substitution-1-4355703

I would rather see us playing our own U20s, than have a Rangers Manager saying this.

our u20's are awful

I understand that we can probably shore up the defence with Hodson's inclusion like we did after the last defeat @ Tynecastle. But for the life of me I am struggling to think of a replacement for the shambolic Halliday that can tackle, defend & distribute a ball from the middle of our 4-3-3 formation ...........

haven't seen warburtons interview, however the line regarding "We’ve got a responsibility to his parent club. We have got to look after their asset" is a shocking thing to say (from a Rangers perspective). Whats the point in having players come in loan if they cannot/or not allowed to play the full 90mins?. We're taking off our most dangerous player on the night and leaving on those who are pish to struggle on? sounds like her had given up the game.

We’ve got a responsibility to his parent club. We have got to look after their asset.”

In that statement we have all the evidence we need to quit using the loan system. Rangers should never be a nursery club for anyone. MW has from the off declared he is a fan of the loan system. Time to bin it except in direst emergency.