Well who's next

How can they be poorer than a guy who doesn't meet the job spec? It's a different role - more a coach than a Mister.

A Mister ?

There will be candidates simply not intersted in working under a D of F.

When the team struggles who's to blame ? The head coach(manager) will blame the D of F for poor signings. The D of F will blame the head coach(manager) for team selection, tactics etc, etc Who is responsible ?

Genuinely hope we don't go down the route of D of F.

A Mister ?

When the team struggles who's to blame ? The head coach(manager) will blame the D of F for poor signings. The D of F will blame the head coach(manager) for team selection, tactics etc, etc Who is responsible ?

That much is obvious.

It seems to be the preferred model, so you may well have to get used to it.

It should mean that if the 1st Team coach leaves, there will not be the absolute chaos which ensues when a Manager leaves. The MV Rangers will continue forward without yawing.

I am looking forward to seeing how it works.

A Mister ?

I think you have the wrong idea of a DOF. The head coach has the final word on all players that come into the club and all decisions over the first team selection. A DOF is there to take the tedious work away from the coach so there is no reason for a manager not to want one.

I think you have the wrong idea of a DOF. The head coach has the final word on all players that come into the club and all decisions over the first team selection. A DOF is there to take the tedious work away from the coach so there is no reason for a manager not to want one.

I would think it varies from club to club as to whether the head coach has final say about players coming in & would also try to get involved in team affairs which is why I don't want one at Rangers

I also don't think a D of F is necessarily just there to take tedious work away. He will try to take credit when things go well & blame the manager when things don't go well.

I would think it varies from club to club as to whether the head coach has final say about players coming in & would also try to get involved in team affairs which is why I don't want one at Rangers

I also don't think a D of F is necessarily just there to take tedious work away. He will try to take credit when things go well & blame the manager when things don't go well.

The manager or head coach as it would then be will know that at his first interview and will make his decision on it. I doubt if anyone would become a head coach if he doesn't have the last decision on first team matters.

The manager or head coach as it would then be will know that at his first interview and will make his decision on it. I doubt if anyone would become a head coach if he doesn't have the last decision on first team matters.

Therein lies a kinda problem Pete,we have neither a manager OR a DOF,yet you can forsee (the potential)for trouble ahead.

Its gonna happen anyway,we will just have to suck it and see (again).

I think the DOF buys in players and tells the coach to get on with it

Oh ? Which ones ?

Bayern Munich

Paris Saint-Germain.

Barcelona

Real Madrid

Ajax

Chelsea

Porto

Spurs

AC Milan

Manchester City

Juventus etc....etc....etc...

The titles may differ slightly, Director of Football, Technical Director, Sporting Director etc but for all intents and purposes they're the same thing.

You omitted to tell us which "managers" we'll miss out on because they refuse to work with a Director of Football

The problem with DofF is that many managers will simply not work for a DofF

Pray tell just who are they?