[FT] Dundee 2 - 1 Rangers (Garner 62)

We've been doing not that great away from home, so I would prefer a 3-5-2. Given that Senderos was the pick for the last two games and Wallace is injured, I would assume that in my line-up, either Wilson come in (as he is left-sided) or Hodson. The latter would have the pace to cover the Old Men.

Likewise, if Tav keeps his place on the right (which is preferrable away from home), we'd have four midfield slots to fill. We could go with Senderos, Hill, and Wilson in defence and put Hodosn out there ... and I would hear groans from here till the Ural. Yet, as we know, our fullbacks are rather offensive anyway, so it would not make that much a difference and right now I'd rather have Hodson out on th left hand side instead of Halliday (who played LB in days gone by too). I'd have Hyndman as the central man in midfield, just that ordinary midfielder slot, no defensive etc. attached. You didn't have that in a 4-4-2 either, so let him play in the middle and do his job. Holt should be beside him, as he has the engine to do some water carrying for Hyndman, same goes for Tav on the right. Up front I'd put Garner and Waghorn with the definite order to stay there and don't run about that much. McKay in the left attacking slot ... but with a free role.

Foderingham

Senderos - Hill - Wilson

Tavernier - Holt - Hyndman - McKay - Hodson

Waghorn - Garner

I'd see how that goes and put Dodoo, Forrester, Miller and O'Halloran on later, but earlier than the cast-into-stone 60/75 min no-matter-what stuff. A 4-4-2 like ...

Foderingham

Tavernier - Hill - Wilson - Hodson

Holt/O'Halloran - Hyndman - McKay/Forrester - Dodoo

Waghorn - Garner/Miller

.... could thus be the formation later on.

For the record, I doubt we get a penalty on Sunday, as specialst Thompson is at it again. Denied O'Halloran a clear one, saved the Scum's bums with one that never was at 2-1 for St. Johnstone and denied the Perh Saints a further two, plus handed Hamilton a tie-saving penalty that never was ...

It's these ridiculous superlatives that drive me absolutely bonkers.

So Halliday was one of our best performers in a Championship winning season..... to be followed the next season by being written off as a Junior player - only Rangers fans I tell ye'. It's absolutely ridiculous.

I didn't see him as one of our best performers last season Craig. The guy is a bomb-scare with very little talent. He is hopeless in defence and shows nothing going forward. He doesn't inspire anyone around him and invariably if they are playing poorly he'll hit their level quickly.

Maybe I'm just used to seeing guys wearing our jerseys who can actually play football.

I didn't see him as one of our best performers last season Craig. The guy is a bomb-scare with very little talent. He is hopeless in defence and shows nothing going forward. He doesn't inspire anyone around him and invariably if they are playing poorly he'll hit their level quickly.

Maybe I'm just used to seeing guys wearing our jerseys who can actually play football.

Regardless of how you or I view him, classing him as Junior player is just ridiculous. There are decent Junior players - but Halliday is not as low as a Junior level player.

He can. He was terrific in a number of games last year, including Celtic and that utter doing we gave Dundee. He's playing badly at the moment and has his limitations. Had our summer transfer window not been such a bollocks, he wouldn't be playing every minute of every game in a position which he says is not his preferred one. He's no Makelele but your criticism is just daft.

Regardless of how you or I view him, classing him as Junior player is just ridiculous. There are decent Junior players - but Halliday is not as low as a Junior level player.

He can. He was terrific in a number of games last year, including Celtic and that utter doing we gave Dundee. He's playing badly at the moment and has his limitations. Had our summer transfer window not been such a bollocks, he wouldn't be playing every minute of every game in a position which he says is not his preferred one. He's no Makelele but your criticism is just daft.

Guys , when there is serious debate here about handing a contract extension to Kenny Miller you might start to understand where I'm coming from.

Imo Miller at his best was never Rangers class.

The level our squad are playing at today seems to see Miller, much like Halliday as some sort of example deserving reward.

They aren't. Neither of them ,comparing them to Rangers players I've seen in the past are good enough.

Being the best of a bad bunch does not make you good enough.

If I'm honest there isn't a single player at Ibrox who should be kept. The only reason they will be is because we can't afford to replace them.

I haven't read the comments after this one, however I feel this post sums up part of what is wrong with our side right now.

Halliday is a good bear who wears the jersey proudly and has a great rapport with the fans (every fans dream)...however he isn't Rangers Class no matter how much that may disappoint.

I agree totally with boabie here...Halliday unfortunately for us is a bomb-scare.