[FT] Dundee 2 - 1 Rangers (Garner 62)

Guys , when there is serious debate here about handing a contract extension to Kenny Miller you might start to understand where I'm coming from.

Imo Miller at his best was never Rangers class.

The level our squad are playing at today seems to see Miller, much like Halliday as some sort of example deserving reward.

They aren't. Neither of them ,comparing them to Rangers players I've seen in the past are good enough.

Being the best of a bad bunch does not make you good enough.

If I'm honest there isn't a single player at Ibrox who should be kept. The only reason they will be is because we can't afford to replace them.

Thanks for showing your working.

Think we can all agree that Halliday is a junior player now.

... we could also adopt a mentality that is firmly rooted in the current reality? Or we end up cherry-picking certain players of "Rangers quality" from ages past ... and will find dozens of people disagreeing whole-heartedly within minutes. As subjective a topic as it gets.

... we could also adopt a mentality that is firmly rooted in the current reality? Or we end up cherry-picking certain players of "Rangers quality" from ages past ... and will find dozens of people disagreeing whole-heartedly within minutes. As subjective a topic as it gets.

What do you mean?

Thanks for showing your working.

Think we can all agree that Halliday is a junior player now.

Instead of coming on every so often to make snide remarks to other posters, why not wake yourself up and read what folk are saying ?

Post 23 - " He is hopeless in defence and shows nothing going forward. He doesn't inspire anyone around him and invariably if they are playing poorly he'll hit their level quickly. "

I think he means that we are living in the past.(hes got a point).

I'd agree LB that is what was being proposed. The point I would make though is, how far back into the "past" are we permitted to go ?

On this thread others have alluded to Halliday playing well in a past game and Miller having helped win the league in the past.

I'd agree LB that is what was being proposed. The point I would make though is, how far back into the "past" are we permitted to go ?

On this thread others have alluded to Halliday playing well in a past game and Miller having helped win the league in the past.

Iget your stance Boabie.FWIW,i think if we are going to replace Halliday, it needs to be someone better than Halliday .He doesnt need to be Baxter or even B Ferguson,he just needs to be an improvement on Halliday.Tav

is in the same boat imo.He could be replaced by better,doesnt mean his replacement has to be as good as Sandy Jardine,just better than him.