[FT] Dundee 2 - 1 Rangers (Garner 62)

I've seen dozens of absolute tubes who should never have found their way to Scotland never mind to Ibrox. Some of them didn't even merit junior level.

Stop fixating on what they've been assessed at and begin questioning whether they are actually what we used to rate as Rangers class.

Think back to the absolute dumplings Ally worked with - granted, most he brought in himself. Then taking things to the airy fairy tale world of somebody like RDB coming in and being honest - would guys like Halliday, Kiernan or several others ever, for the rest of their careers, get a game wearing a Rangers jersey ?

I'll go back to what I said earlier GS, just because that's all we can afford, does that make them good enough ?

I'll go further - take a look at the money spent and the league table.

Are they good enough ?

Remember, we're not allowed to look at the past so last season or maybe last week doesn't count.

Team news: Rangers interim boss Graeme Murty hopes to have captain Lee Wallace fit. Josh Windass is recovering from an ankle knock but fellow midfielders Jordan Rossiter and Niko Kranjcar remain out.

Dundee's last home win over Rangers in the league came in 1992.

Rangers have won 14 of their last 16 top-flight encounters with Dundee, drawing the other two.

Harry Forrester has scored in both of Rangers' wins over Dundee this season.

Team news: Rangers interim boss Graeme Murty hopes to have captain Lee Wallace fit. Josh Windass is recovering from an ankle knock but fellow midfielders Jordan Rossiter and Niko Kranjcar remain out.

Dundee's last home win over Rangers in the league came in 1992.

Rangers have won 14 of their last 16 top-flight encounters with Dundee, drawing the other two.

Harry Forrester has scored in both of Rangers' wins over Dundee this season.

Windass had the cheek to ridicule Rossiter for always being injured. He should look in the mirror.

Windass had the cheek to ridicule Rossiter for always being injured. He should look in the mirror.

Bizarre one with Rossiter. However these two players on their best form will be assets. Windass has been a bit of a let down yet he showed promise on his debut. He needs to knuckle down and get himself in the team. His old man said he could play for England, well he has a bit of work to do.

I've seen dozens of absolute tubes who should never have found their way to Scotland never mind to Ibrox. Some of them didn't even merit junior level.

Stop fixating on what they've been assessed at and begin questioning whether they are actually what we used to rate as Rangers class.

Think back to the absolute dumplings Ally worked with - granted, most he brought in himself. Then taking things to the airy fairy tale world of somebody like RDB coming in and being honest - would guys like Halliday, Kiernan or several others ever, for the rest of their careers, get a game wearing a Rangers jersey ?

I'll go back to what I said earlier GS, just because that's all we can afford, does that make them good enough ?

Its not that long ago he was one of our best performers.

And what are we supposed to say about that last sentence.

If they are all we can afford then they have to be good enough. Thats our level until we can afford better.

Edited by the gunslinger

The whole argument around 'rangers class' is really irrelevant at this time. Until we have the required investment available to take players away from other teams and pay the wages that 'rangers class ' would command, we are are going to have to put up with the type of player we have.

That's not to say that players are beyond criticism, Halliday in particular has been woeful for weeks now. Part of the problem being that there is no real competition for his position.

I would like to see some of the under 20's given a chance just to shake things up a bit but I'm not sure which of them is capable.

Could be worse, we could have him playing today. Thats shocking for a professional.

I would actually probably have him over Garner though. Both cant play but Boyd could at least score against lower league teams....I await a backlash

ng1px1.png[/img]

Edited by Gribz