Rangers v St Johnstone - match preview

On way back from that. Elated at the end but again the ref was unreal. The Waghorn one looked an absolute stonewall penalty. Anyone verify another shocking decision? I feel that every match has a shocking decision against us.

Hyndman is making Toral look pointless. Total was a passenger.

Hyndman was playing more freely as Toral was the holding midfielder, a role he needs to get used to. He would get replaced if we had two Hyndmans, but other than that, I wouldn't want Halliday back anytime soon.

In any case, we can play some decent enough football, had 21 shots tonight, 11 on target. Again, our achilles heel is and remains not converting enough chances. This time, it almost shot us in the foot again.

But, for once we can look at some positives. McKay's, Hyndman's an Holt's drive seem to work well enough, and all seem to get back into some sort of good form. Hyndman stole it today (by a country mile), followed by McKay and somewhat off, Holt. Too bad that we will 100% lose Hyndman in the summer, but an indicator that there is good talent out there beyond the Big Pond. Bournemouth can be proud of their scouting here.

Looks like Kiernan will be missing on Saturday, though by Scottish standards of this and last season, his tackle was worthy of a good and strong yellow card, but not much more. We have seen worse that not even got a card, and in Germany he might have walked too. If anything, he went in with a straight leg, but we have seen similar stuff without much more than a strong talking to and/or a yellow.

Hamilton v Aberdeen yesterday and Hamilton were throwing their bodies in front of the ball. We have Rob Kiernen and what does he do at their first goal is stand and watch and then turned his back when the guy shot.

That is exactly how I saw it Pete, was angry about him doing that...then got sent off for a stupid assault on a guy way over at the dug-outs. Need to bin this player until his contract runs out.

You mean Toral?

Said this on his first match but thought I might have been a bit harsh.

Then tonight I thought we would be better off with Hutton.

Very short memories indeed. Seems to be the pick of the night though ...

On way back from that. Elated at the end but again the ref was unreal. The Waghorn one looked an absolute stonewall penalty. Anyone verify another shocking decision? I feel that every match has a shocking decision against us.

I had a good view of it and looked pretty clear cut to me.