This managerial appointment is embarrassing

I am not sure we needed a new thread for this but Okay. For me something stinks. Something is not right. What makes a guy that has never managed a big club jump out from nowhere. A guy with a pretty crap CV that should not even have reached the last round of interviews judged on his CV. I don't know if someone bumped into him while he was at Largs when he did his coaching papers and was super impressed with him but someone had an agenda to make him manager. I hate to say this but I wonder if he has connections with Sports Direct. That someone ploughed through 60 candidates, reading 60 CV's and picked this guy is Roy of the Rovers stuff. I can only hope he does good and I will judge him on his deeds but I have serious thoughts\doubts at this moment just who is running Rangers.

i'm not going to go as far as embarrassing but it is difficult to understand the logic behind such an appointment. I guess we'll have a better idea after the summer when he has been able to recruit some of his own players which in itself should be interesting as you would assume he won't be shopping in the lower leagues of overpriced England. He'll get the backing as everyone does but it does seem like a big gamble when we need to be making sure we're progressing in terms of closing the gap.

Get over yourselves and have a positive look for once. Judge by time and results and not by how he got the gig.

I thought this would be up your conspiracy street Gribz. I think the CIA are involved.:D

Embarrassing?

I'll tell you what's embarrassing .....

1. Reading page after page of negativity from our own support, especially when it's baseless.

2. Supporters moaning about the guy's cv when it's better than the cv's of most (YES, MOST) of our previous managers before they came to Rangers.

3. The lack of appreciation/knowledge of how far ahead of us some of these international leagues are, including Mexico.

Having said all that, I realise that this embarrassment still exists for many. As a caring human being I wouldn't want you to feel that way so feel free to PM me if you'd like to offload your season ticket and I'm sure we can come to an agreement.

I really hope you guys are in the minority. If not, and this is the attitude of the majority, it hardly fills me with any comfort that one day our fans may be running the club. :brick:

I thought this would be up your conspiracy street Gribz. I think the CIA are involved.:D

Harsh mate...I only comment on conspiracies once there is something to debate....I dont sit in a room and make up stuff like 9/11.

The only thing embarrassing is this thread and the paranoid posters!

The two choices the board had to pick from where put forward by a team put in place by King and co. They didn't have 60 choices that's a lie posted on a message board by an anonymous poster. People need to get a serious grip. Nobody knew MW before he came ,the only inkling we fans had of him was through proximity to England.

Posters who think this is a weird choice should realise you know nothing about his merits or even what is wanted from our new manager. That has been evident from the names being flung about by fans. McCinnes, Mcleish and co were never in the running or even on any shortlist as their footballing philosophy does not match the clubs. To be completely honest most fans don't even seem able to properly assess the skills being looked for never mind an individual's merits in meeting them.

Got to second what gaffer is saying too. Used to think fan involvement at the club was paramount to future success but it's became very obvious the fans need kept in the dark and far away from decisions.

Edited by trublusince1982

I am not sure we needed a new thread for this but Okay. For me something stinks. Something is not right. What makes a guy that has never managed a big club jump out from nowhere. A guy with a pretty crap CV that should not even have reached the last round of interviews judged on his CV. I don't know if someone bumped into him while he was at Largs when he did his coaching papers and was super impressed with him but someone had an agenda to make him manager. I hate to say this but I wonder if he has connections with Sports Direct. That someone ploughed through 60 candidates, reading 60 CV's and picked this guy is Roy of the Rovers stuff. I can only hope he does good and I will judge him on his deeds but I have serious thoughts\doubts at this moment just who is running Rangers.

"Sports Direct"

"ploughed through 60 candidates"

"Roy of the Rovers"

I seem to have wandered into a fiction thread.

My main gripe is the bullfighting shite as it is an almost indescribably cruel form of animal torture. I'd start a thread about it but i suspect there are already enough of these on Gersnet bashing a Rangers manager before a ball is even kicked under his reign.

My main fear today was playing Septic. I came in to get cheered up/lifted pre-match. Tactical error!

Edited by SteveC