This managerial appointment is embarrassing

Posted it in the other thread, but it's better here:

He was clearly in Qatar for the money. You can also look at his experience previously as say, 'he's experienced big crowds and expectations in Portugal (Sporting Lisbon), Greece (Panathanaikos), Romania (Rapid Bucharest) and Mexico (Santos)'. They may not be one of the Big Four/Five leagues, but neither are we. We have huge expectation, but so do Sporting Lisbon, Panathanaikos, Rapid and Santos; some of which are in far more competitive leagues than ours.

It's all about context: you can focus on the above, or that he managed a club in Qatar in front of 400 fans.

Lets look at the positive case:

- Vastly experienced in several countries;

- Disciplinarian;

- Tactician, with a keen eye on detail;

- Recommended by Mourinho -- no to us, but has been in the past;

- Bit of a temper and aggression;

- Doesn't suffer the media lightly;

- Done his training badges in Scotland, so he "knows the Scottish game" (for all the use that is...);

- Clear attacking playing philosophy, but able to change to suit the game situation;

- Won titles in a competitive Mexican league;

- Wants to win at all costs, and I quote, "Defeat is the same as death".

There is a positive case; you just have to look for it.

Great post and a very pragmatic perspective Rousseau! There is a lot of hysteria, much of it being fertilised by the media. When we look at the facts and positives, the guy should be given some time. The same as any new Rangers manager.

Frank de Boer.

Bert van Marwijk.

Dennis Bergkamp and Arthur Numan(gamble)

Henk ten Cate

Ron Jans

Mario Been

Fred Rutten.

That is just off the top of my head.

They all wanted the job did they ? Doubt it myself

Why are they names not realistic?:confused:

Did any of them apply ? Did any of them show interest ? Even FdB was merely playing it lip service !

Realistic - would include how much they are looking to be paid and whether they would move to a backwater.

I'm hugely surprised you think they are actually realistic.