This managerial appointment is embarrassing

There was never 60 candidates and the majority of the names posted by people in the know where false. Two names where selected by a panel put in place by the board the board then chose between those two candidates. End of story.

See, you state that with as much knowledge to back this up as those claiming that number. Only our managing director and a few directors will know the exact numbers and won't share the names with everyone. Perhaps we just keep it at that instead of throwing statements at one another without actually knowing much, shall we not? At least in this case?

No we don't. I was one of the first to denounce Green. The difference was there was actual reasoning.

those who put the money up picked this candidate, nobody else.

There was never 60 candidates and the majority of the names posted by people in the know where false. Two names where selected by a panel put in place by the board the board then chose between those two candidates. End of story.

So out of all the European countries that we hear of and watch on a weekly basis, someone thinks"Oh there is a wee guy over in Quatar that won the Mexican league once lets go for him". I am surprised that not many find that strange.

Aye, this appointment is absolutely baffling. Instead of the usual, uninspiring appointment of yet another Scotsman we really should have been looking to get a foreign manager in. Oh.... wait....

Some people bemoan us getting a British manager when we should be looking for a foreigner - and then complain we get a foreigner in. The term "never happy" springs to mind.

From what I've been told , at his interview he had already a prepared analysis of the team , our weaknesses and where he saw us needing strengthened , his interview was deemed outstanding and he was far and away the best prepared of all the candidates , take out of that what you want .

No we don't. I was one of the first to denounce Green. The difference was there was actual reasoning.

those who put the money up picked this candidate, nobody else.

The 60 CV's came from an interview with Stewart Robertson shown on Rangers TV, and quotes taken from that. You seem very certain of your info, so if you dont mind me asking, who was the other candidate on the (very) short list of just two put to the board. Who was on this panel that took 5 weeks to come up with just two names?

Aye, this appointment is absolutely baffling. Instead of the usual, uninspiring appointment of yet another Scotsman we really should have been looking to get a foreign manager in. Oh.... wait....

Some people bemoan us getting a British manager when we should be looking for a foreigner - and then complain we get a foreigner in. The term "never happy" springs to mind.

It is not about getting a Scottish manager. There are 54 UEFA ranked countries we see every day on the telly. How did a guy that has totally no standout features and only won 41% of all his games as a manager come into the equation?

So out of all the European countries that we hear of and watch on a weekly basis, someone thinks"Oh there is a wee guy over in Quatar that won the Mexican league once lets go for him". I am surprised that not many find that strange.

This is it in a nutshell.

The 60 CV's came from an interview with Stewart Robertson shown on Rangers TV, and quotes taken from that. You seem very certain of your info, so if you dont mind me asking, who was the other candidate on the (very) short list of just two put to the board. Who was on this panel that took 5 weeks to come up with just two names?

Take out the nut jobs, tims, the wee guy that sits not far from me, me, Bh and SBS from this forum and that reduces that list to ten lol

From what I've been told , at his interview he had already a prepared analysis of the team , our weaknesses and where he saw us needing strengthened , his interview was deemed outstanding and he was far and away the best prepared of all the candidates , take out of that what you want .

i doubt that took very long