This managerial appointment is embarrassing

It is not about getting a Scottish manager. There are 54 UEFA ranked countries we see every day on the telly. How did a guy that has totally no standout features and only won 41% of all his games as a manager come into the equation?

Tell me Pete, of the thousands of managers in the 54 UEFA countries you mention, can you give me one name (yes, just one) who we could/should have had instead?

It's common knowledge (I think) that this guy was in the frame before MW. It's common knowledge (again I think) that his interview was excellent and he was the best prepared of all candidates. Given his apprenticeship in many parts of the world which play much better football than here in Scotland (IMO), don't you find it strange (as I do) that you're criticising a board which is not restricted by the ignorance that many so-called football people have?

This is of course a risk, as is any manager. This may not turn out the way we all want it. Equally, I agree that we should all scrutinise decisions and motives after what's gone on in the past, but please let's do it where it's justified. Just because I disagree with your view doesn't make me necessarily question your motives in slating a guy before he's had a chance. Just because you don't rate these other countries' leagues doesn't mean to say they are poor. Just because you don't know of him doesn't make him poor or a strange choice.

I'll repeat my initial question ..... who could/should have had the job ahead of Pedro?

It is not about getting a Scottish manager. There are 54 UEFA ranked countries we see every day on the telly. How did a guy that has totally no standout features and only won 41% of all his games as a manager come into the equation?

It may not be about getting a Scottish manager for you but the OP has stated previously we should be looking for a foreign manager, not a British one and then still complains when he gets what he asks for.

His win rate doesn't mean that much. McCoist had a 72.5% win rate which is far greater than this guys so perhaps we should just have re-appointed Ally. Yeah, I didn't think so either !

How much do you know about the guy to say he has no standout features ? What exactly do you know about him, his methods, his man management, his coaching qualities, his motivational skills, his tactical knowledge, his in-game adaptability, his eye for a player, his ability to get players to give that 10% more etc etc ?

Just what do you know about all of the above to immediately dismiss his appointment as "something stinks" ?

i doubt that took very long

Probably not but it at least showed preparation. Something MW was known or to really bother about... "we focus only on us" was a daft mantra to have. By preparing an analysis of the squad he would inherit shows that this guy at least believes in proper preparation, whether that is solely for his own interview purposes or not is a different question.

He also seems ambitious seeing as he is rumored to be coming to us on a far lower contract than he had at his previous employers.

The title of this thread is embarrassing...We should never welcome a manager like this...Its what will send anyone packing. I really despair some peoples thoughts sometime....if he fails I will be the first person to admit it but to shoot him down before he is even in the seat - wah nuts.

So out of all the European countries that we hear of and watch on a weekly basis, someone thinks"Oh there is a wee guy over in Quatar that won the Mexican league once lets go for him". I am surprised that not many find that strange.
its a lack of trust and knowledge like this that made the panel demand their names be kept secret. They didn't just pick a name out a hat, his past successes and failings were just a very small facet of the whole.

He has history you know nothing about. He is not new to Scotland as the media and itk posters on other sites have claimed. for example he put several players forward to Celtics scouting department who made a killing from them. So signing him not only strengthens us it weakens our rivals ,a small bonus.

His presentation was the best by an absolute mile.

His knowledge of players completely differed from the knowledge base already open to the club. He also had fantastic references and qualifications. Give it a week and I am sure all this and more will come out once the old firm game is out the way. He was even able to state weaknesses in the team and areas he needed funds to cover. No ifs buts or maybes he just hit straight down the line and that was respected.

It's old firm day Pete put this aside and hope for a win and this week should make things clearer on how the manager was selected and why ,and you don't need to believe any fans or posters online, just the club.