This managerial appointment is embarrassing

Personally I thought there would have been more than 60 CV's submitted, practically every club get dozens every time a vacancy arises that's the way it works in football. Undoubtedly many would have went straight into the bin.

After McCall left Motherwell they got over 50 applications. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/29922911

First interview at 8am today listen in and give the guy a chance on Rangers official YouTube channel

Yes agree, it is time to enjoy having a new manager and hope he can get our great club back to the top.

Personally I thought there would have been more than 60 CV's submitted, practically every club get dozens every time a vacancy arises that's the way it works in football. Undoubtedly many would have went straight into the bin.

After McCall left Motherwell they got over 50 applications. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/29922911

me too - I was disputing earlier that they "ploughed through" over 60.

me too - I was disputing earlier that they "ploughed through" over 60.

I think folk tend to forget that CV could have come from ANYWHERE - There would have been nothing stopping me from submitting my CV. As FS says most were probably put straight in the bin.

I also saw folk commenting that the Bookies "struggled" to list 15 candidates.....made me chuckle - we gauge the popularity of our Managers position by the number of candidates the Bookies come up with :)

We simply have no ideas as to the number of candidates that made the paper sift, then interviews etc....and neither do/did the media.

We have no idea if Pedro was the no.1 candidate or whether he was the 21st candidate.

What is important is that he ultimately won the race & has been awarded the job. What he has done previously is irrelevant now. And for those folk who go on about him only having a 41.1% win ratio.....The "mighty" Brenda had a 40% win ratio before arriving at the Midden.

Let's just let him get on with the job.

Let's see how the players react to his training methods & management style.....we may be pleasantly surprised.

The bottom line is that nobody on here has any practical knowledge of PC....yet they still believe that they have a basis to criticise him, BEFORE he's even taken a training session.

Back to the OP, I think its highly unlikely that we will be given a blow-by-blow account of the recruitment process. We've had some of the highlights from Robertson, as have been mentioned already around Pedro being the outstanding candidate from the process.

Even if it turns out to be a bad appointment, not every club gets every appointment right. You can look at every club and find managerial / head coach failures. Not all of them fail because of the appointment itself, but because of other factors that could not necessarily be predicted or factored into the recruitment process.

Ultimately any manager will be judged on results and performances, taking account the constraints they work under. Whilst not being hugely overwhelmed by his appointment, there's enough about him that gives me encouragement that we've attempted to do the right things.

There's absolutely no doubt this appointment is certainly a surprising one. I doubt any of us had heard of the guy before so I don't blame anyone for having their doubts.

However, the only thing that is embarrassing is writing the guy off before he's even taken charge of one of our games. SBS you constantly talk about improving our scouting and casting our net further. That's a valid argument when it comes to players and, if done correctly, will mean there will be plenty of unusual names in the dressing room.

With that in mind, how can the same not be done when it comes to coaches? Especially, if as seems likely, a former player was involved in the recommendation.

No-one knows if the guy is going to work out. It could be a masterstroke or it may make us look stupid. However, by and large, that could be the case with any appointment - player or manager.

It's a risk for sure but personally I find it fascinating and can't wait to see what happens.

Seen a few comments that the new manager won't be coming into gersnet to see the negative posts that is true in essence but in reality all the major fans forums are watched closely with fan felling generalised and added as part of the managers daily media brief so he is aware of fan feeling before facing the media and also so they can second guess questions that will be asked. The manager will be made aware of the fans surprise at his appointment across message boards

So you are considering that you know more than most. That is interesting and a bold statement. Please enlighten us with the information you have;)2

" I know nothing about our new manager. " in the sentence before that one covers it Pete.

It's a warped way of saying that practically nobody on here knows anything about the guy.

I worded it badly, that's all.