This managerial appointment is embarrassing

Ehh,he only asked a question.Is this you gettin your excuses in early?

Eh ? What excuses ?

He didn't only ask a question either - he said this appointment stinks - as in something dodgy, then gives us Dutch options (fair enough), but some of whom have never been a first team manager EVER, as far as I am aware ! :ninja:

So the ethos is "let's take a gamble on a Dutch coach (ala Bergkamp) who has only coached youths but let's not take a gamble on the Portuguese guy who has actually managed first teams in multiple countries" ????

BOTH are a gamble but apparently only the one would "stink".

I'm thinking that sounds hypocritical.

Eh ? What excuses ?

He didn't only ask a question either - he said this appointment stinks - as in something dodgy, then gives us Dutch options (fair enough), but some of whom have never been a first team manager EVER, as far as I am aware ! :ninja:

So the ethos is "let's take a gamble on a Dutch coach (ala Bergkamp) who has only coached youths but let's not take a gamble on the Portuguese guy who has actually managed first teams in multiple countries" ????

BOTH are a gamble but apparently only the one would "stink".

I'm thinking that sounds hypocritical.

My point has been totally turned around now just because I mentioned a few names and Bergkamp was just a thought of an interesting person. I am sure we can look at all the top countries and there will be worthy candidates. How did the board pick a guy who has no track record, a pretty crap CV and see him as the saviour. I just don't get it.

Edited by pete

Every appointment is a gamble.

Was Warburton's record any better that Caixinha's?

The O.P. is right to ask for the 'inside story' on this since few of us are going to approve based on his record alone. The board have interviewed him and so know things that we don't. Presumably he said a lot that they liked.

Can't compare Warburton to our new manager as IMO comparisons can only be made on the team you are managing so many,many games yet to be played before comparing.

We can definitely compare their track records prior to becoming manager.

I'm making no comparisons whatsoever. I know nothing about our new manager. I suspect most here know less than I do.

He is now our manager. Give him a chance is what I'm saying.

If it doesn't work out - get rid of him along with whoever made the decision to employ him.

I agree gribz, but I think we are ok , I don't think the first thing pedro asked for was a log in to gersnet , ........that's a joke by the way lol

Yeah think he will be ok...

Was tempted to do an article on the change of direction but with so much negativity its difficult to do. Its an interesting appointment - nothing more. Very much unknown. But you cant please all fans. Its ambitious and adventurous and for me I quite like the approach. It would have been too easy to re-appoint Big Eck - dont get me wrong he would have been ok short term until the end of the season. Or we could have went McInnes which for me was never a good idea.

As I said if he turns out to be poor I will hold my hands up....but Im happy with this appointment.

I'm making no comparisons whatsoever. I know nothing about our new manager. I suspect most here know less than I do.

He is now our manager. Give him a chance is what I'm saying.

If it doesn't work out - get rid of him along with whoever made the decision to employ him.

So you are considering that you know more than most. That is interesting and a bold statement. Please enlighten us with the information you have;)2