This managerial appointment is embarrassing

I am not sure we needed a new thread for this but Okay. For me something stinks. Something is not right. What makes a guy that has never managed a big club jump out from nowhere. A guy with a pretty crap CV that should not even have reached the last round of interviews judged on his CV. I don't know if someone bumped into him while he was at Largs when he did his coaching papers and was super impressed with him but someone had an agenda to make him manager. I hate to say this but I wonder if he has connections with Sports Direct. That someone ploughed through 60 candidates, reading 60 CV's and picked this guy is Roy of the Rovers stuff. I can only hope he does good and I will judge him on his deeds but I have serious thoughts\doubts at this moment just who is running Rangers.

My understanding remains that Pedro C. is in as Head Coach, and that there will be a Director of Football, and, possibly, a Head of Scouting/Development, Head of Medicine, Head of Sports Science, etc., whatever. He is not a "Manager", in the traditional sense. People should take a step back, and view the appointment in that light.

The media, for what that mob is worth, (the cubic root of sod all, since you ask) already has it in for our new Coach: he's not one of the usual golf partnering, lunch scoffing, off the record briefing, suspects; they know little or nothing about him; they will fail to understand his methods. They don't know what to make of him. Long may that continue. I would counsel people to ignore the guff peddled by those parasites, the football writers of Scotland. And, ffs, let's not join them in their negative spin.

I recall that when Dick Advocaat was appointed, there were dissenting voices, who wanted "someone who knows Scottish fitba', who knows the Club, someone like Alex Totten." (And I mean no disrespect whatsoever to Mr Totten.) I concede that DA had a bigger 'rep' than Pedro C. does now, but the Club, at present, is unlikely to be able to offer a package sufficient to attract the contemporary bigger name.

I'm not sure just what 'stinks' about the appointment, Given the context, it makes a degree of sense to me. And let's not denigrate Mexican Liga MX, just because it is foreign, and far away. If he is such an 'unknown', then I find it unlikely that there will prove to be some eminence grise behind his appointment. Perhaps he isn't such an unknown, of course, and it is only here, in our rather stagnant little backwater (which may be the source of your 'stink') that his qualities, qualifications, and abilities are disregarded.

In any event, the deal is done, and Pedro Caixinha is here to coach the 1st XI. Let's allow him get on with that job.

Does anyone have the inside story? Is there more to this than meets the eye? I will be absolutely stunned if this guy is still here in 2 years.

As far as I'm aware he was Ross Wilsons choice. When Wilson had decided not to come he had already impressed so much that it was a gamble to give him the gig, but no more so than Murty staying to the end of the season.

It's a gamble no matter who is in charge at the moment. DoF is on the back burner too and the board have bought some time till the end of the season. Im not on the board so can't say that's 100% what's happening but looking around and reading/hearing between the lines, that's where I am with it.

Edited by cooponthewing

Yeah! Let's have this thread for a bit of doomsinging ... so we can bookmark it and keep it for later. One way or another, certain people might gloat a bit in one or two years time. Oh wait, that does sound a bit unbecoming for a Bluenose ...

Edited by der Berliner

The only thing embarrassing is this thread and the paranoid posters!

The two choices the board had to pick from where put forward by a team put in place by King and co. They didn't have 60 choices that's a lie posted on a message board by an anonymous poster. People need to get a serious grip. Nobody knew MW before he came ,the only inkling we fans had of him was through proximity to England.

Posters who think this is a weird choice should realise you know nothing about his merits or even what is wanted from our new manager. That has been evident from the names being flung about by fans. McCinnes, Mcleish and co were never in the running or even on any shortlist as their footballing philosophy does not match the clubs. To be completely honest most fans don't even seem able to properly assess the skills being looked for never mind an individual's merits in meeting them.

Got to second what gaffer is saying too. Used to think fan involvement at the club was paramount to future success but it's became very obvious the fans need kept in the dark and far away from decisions.

Yes We were all nodding dogs when Whyte and Green came in. There was almost a meltdown when it was talked about Duff and Phelps not getting the Administration job. There were only about 2 posters that saw through Murray the rest were strongly behind him. You and Gaffer have short memories my friend.

It took us two seasons before we realised Warburton didn't really have a magic hat, so i'm giving Pedro the benefit of the doubt. There's a wee very vocal guy that sits just a few rows down from me and is a football tactician genius, he was on to Warburton a few games into his tenure, when he starts again berating the manager loudy and constant, i'll know there's been another manager appointment F-up.

Yes We were all nodding dogs when Whyte and Green came in. There was almost a meltdown when it was talked about Duff and Phelps not getting the Administration job. There were only about 2 posters that saw through Murray the rest were strongly behind him. You and Gaffer have short memories my friend.

No we don't. I was one of the first to denounce Green. The difference was there was actual reasoning.

those who put the money up picked this candidate, nobody else.

There was never 60 candidates and the majority of the names posted by people in the know where false. Two names where selected by a panel put in place by the board the board then chose between those two candidates. End of story.

posters all over mate. Most of the itk crowd. People saying 60CV's etc.

i think that there are, actually, two categories: those in the know, and those who know better, both blindsided by the appointment.

They should deal with it, rather than construct narratives .