Beerman and Bates will start tomorrow

Kiernan is injured - we could see him struggling on Saturday when he stretched to block a cross ball.

Miller played 90mins the other day so it makes sense to 'rest' him tomorrow.

This is on one hand worrying but on another exciting and promising.

Agree with Rousseau sentiments that bring younger players in when filling positions rather than players out of position - something we have slaughtered managers on in the past. Lets give these guys a chance. 3rd place is probably done and dusted so its good to experiment against poorer opposition. And no point risking further injuries for Sunday - which is a massive game and a statement has to be made at Pittodrie that we are better than them.

Rangers boss Pedro Caixinha has announced his first eleven more than 24 hours in advance of his side’s trip to Rugby Park to face Kilmarnock. Keep up to date with all our sport news on The Scotsman’s Sport page on Facebook The manager has made five changes to the first eleven that drew 1-1 with Motherwell, with Lee Hodson missing out due to illness and Lee Wallace due to undergo stomach surgery. There are starts for youngsters David Bates and Miles Beerman and returns to the eleven for James Tavernier, Andy Halliday and Martyn Waghorn. The changes represent a continued willingness for Caixinha to make changes, following three substitutions at half-time on Saturday. Caixinha told the press conference that Rob Kiernan might have been fit to play but felt it best to rest the defender for Sunday’s clash against Aberdeen. He said: “It is very important to have players with character. This is a massive club, a huge club and not every player is a Rangers player. “I expect Clint and Rob to be ready for Sunday’s match. I could have used Rob but he wasn’t 100 per cent and I want 100 per cent players playing.”

Read more at: http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/rangers/pedro-caixinha-announces-rangers-team-a-day-early-1-4411577

Surely we qualified for an emergency loan or do you need to have a man on the board for that. just kidding I am happy the youngsters are getting a chance.

Not sure why stating that he is slow and we will have to hold a deep line is not giving him a chance? I hope that Pedro's training has changed him into a Usain Bolt, but somehow I doubt that!

Bates is a decent technical player, strong and good in the air but has not really shot the lights out at U20 level. Happy for Beerman, probably our first academy graduate to play in the first team since Warburton took over.

He won't be the first player that were not great with the reserves but stepped up their game when playing with better players.

Beerman is an ex.-ManCity youngster and AFAIk has played for Malta u17s to u21s, was in their international selction too, methinks. He should be okay with Wilson next to him. Of Bates you hear wildly differing reports, but I do expect both Warburton and Caixinha know a player when they see him. Elfideldo sees him most, but usually is rather sparse with evaluations.

Edited by der Berliner