The Pre-Summer-2017 transfer rumours and hearsay all inclusive Thread

Rangers have been handed a timely transfer boost with the news Barrie McKay and Niko Kranjcar both intend to continue on at the Club beyond

the summer.

McKay and Kranjcar had been linked with moves out, with unknown Clubs said to be hovering around the winger while ‘Arry Redknapp’s Birmingham City became strong favourites to sign the Croat, but both players have committed to staying at Rangers and helping Pedro Caixinha’s side have a better fist of it next season.

McKay for his part said:

“You would need to ask Pedro (if I am staying). Hopefully. I want to be playing here. It is a great club and where I want to be playing. It has definitely had its ups and downs, you can’t lie about that. As a team, we have just not been at it. We have had good results, bad results, terrible results, everything in one season. It has definitely been a big learning curve. The highlight (this season) was probably just playing as many games as I have this season and to make the jump up to the Premiership. I think I have handled it pretty well.”

And his creative playmaker colleague said similar:

“I can honestly say I have never worked so hard to get back in shape. I understood it’s a difficult injury and I’m not that young any more, so it would take a lot of hard work to get back to playing shape. I am happy with my current status and hopefully I’ll be ready to go 100 per cent when we start with preparation for the new season.”

So reasonably positive words from both in lieu of the upcoming transfer

window, which in all fairness feels like it has started already.

Going the other way though, Clint Hill has confirmed his time at Ibrox is at an end.

http://www.ibroxnoise.co.uk/2017/05/double-transfer-boost-as-rangers-star.html

Both can be vital for next season, but we'll have to wait and see. Hill was a good one and will always be fondly remembered.

I can't for the life of me understand why Miller gets another year and Hill doesn't. Hill has been by far the superior player of the two this season, AND has had to play all season with Wilson or Kiernan as his partner, which must be an absolute nightmare.

If you want some experienced good pros then keep both. If you want to bring in real quality, dump both. I just don't understand why he picks just one, and the wrong one at that.

I can't for the life of me understand why Miller gets another year and Hill doesn't. Hill has been by far the superior player of the two this season, AND has had to play all season with Wilson or Kiernan as his partner, which must be an absolute nightmare.

If you want some experienced good pros then keep both. If you want to bring in real quality, dump both. I just don't understand why he picks just one, and the wrong one at that.

I too felt that Hill was the better player but I'm hoping Pedro has options/prospects at the back, in particular the Alves connection. One thing that did sour the Hill experience for me was seeing him party hard after the defeat to Celtic. For me, that's not the sign of a winner and perhaps that attitude shows in other ways to Pedro too. That's complete speculation and a personal opinion, but either way Hill will leave with thanks from all supporters for the job he's done this season.

Hill was quoted earlier in the season that he was here only for one year. Miller's contribution last season ensured that we got promotion, and he sure contributed to this season's league position too. He's a Scot, lives here, knows the inside out of Rangers and the game and may very well end up co-coaching the u20s or the like. And we are not blessed with Premiership quality up front thus far.

By the soundbites out thus far, PC has secured this Ghana-player he knows from his previous club(s), Sumaila (?), and looks at Alves (paper talk or not, who knows?). Bates looks a decent prospect, Wilson ain't that old and not beyond improvement. I would assume that Kiernan will have to prove his worth soonish or will go. Hill would probably get only a few games and at his age that will sure not suffice. Thus, I would assume that it was agreed by both parties rather than Rangers showing him the door.