The Pre-Summer-2017 transfer rumours and hearsay all inclusive Thread

I'm not too fussed about Walker when McKay is better, IMO, and especially since we can get him for nothing in a year. I'd like to get Dorrans, although I'm not sure he's the top quality player most seem to think he is -- at least he is a step up on what we have.

The thing Dorrans has, and its probably his main quality, its also a thing that a lot of other players don't have, is consistency and that is worth its weight in gold in itself.... imo of course ;)

I'm not too fussed about Walker when McKay is better, IMO, and especially since we can get him for nothing in a year. I'd like to get Dorrans, although I'm not sure he's the top quality player most seem to think he is -- at least he is a step up on what we have.

From what I read about the friendlies, Jack seems to be a good addition to our midfield, and Rossiter looks good too. Dorrans is more attack-minded (?), which might see him compete with Kranjcar, Pena, Windass and possibly McKay for an offensive midfield birth. While we still use him there, I don't think McKay's future lies on the left wing. This is why Walker is a target, even though we do have Dodoo as a left winger as well.

I do wonder whether we keep Beerman as Wallace's understudy at left-back/-wingback, with Tavernier and MOH on the other side. MOH has a similar physical presence and more pace than Tav, perhaps we can use that ... though it is up for PC to explore that.

No matter who plays there now, IMHO Herrera will be leading the front-line with Morelos and Miller being the subs. Unless Waghorn finds his scoring boots soon, you wonder what his future will be ... Candeias' deputy?

In any case, the new players need to find their feet in the Scottish game first and foremost, with Morelos probably facing the greatest step up in quality and crowd-size.

Edited by der Berliner

Is Dorrans better than Broonaldo ? Serious question as I haven't seen much of Dorrans in all honesty.

Its a hard question to answer, Dorrans has a very good reputation as a consistent performer at the top end of the English Championship / bottom end of the Premiership and Scott Brown has a reputation as a top performer in the Scottish Premiership so, it could come down to how you rate the leagues, but at the same time, we signed the Championship player of the season last summer and we know how that ended up..

I personally think you get more with Dorrans but I may be just a tad biased as I've wanted us to sign Dorrans for many a year... IMHO he's probably a more complete player than Brown

Is Dorrans better than Broonaldo ? Serious question as I haven't seen much of Dorrans in all honesty.

They play different positions, IMO. Dorrans is very skillful and tricky who can score goals, although I read somewhere Dorrans has been playing a bit deeper recently?, he is better as an attacking midfielder!. Broon is...................well Broon!, I think a fairer comparison would be Broon v Jack/Rossiter.

Meanwhile, SPFL Premiership's top scorer Liam Boyce has left Ross County and signed for English Championship club Burton Albion (I was thinking there were still playing amateur footie!). And if you were thinking that the Highlanders were on the receiving end of some massive fee, Burton smashed their own transfer record of £300,000, also paid to Ross County, for Jackson Irvine, by some 200k! Boyce had 1 year of his contract to run ... but anything they got is a plus, since he was a freebie from Cliftonville 3 years ago.

Edited by der Berliner

Been so spoiled by so much early activity that a day with little or no activity is a let down. Need to get the competitive matches up and running. Downside is that I will be at work next Thursday night when the first match is being played. It will be early afternoon here and in fact that will be typical of most or even all of the Euro matches for me.

Edited by JFK-1

Been so spoiled by so much early activity that a day with little or no activity is a let down. Need to get the competitive matches up and running. Downside is that I will be at work next Thursday night when the first match is being played. It will be early afternoon here and in fact that will be typical of most or even all of the Euro matches for me.

You might only have a couple to worry about JFK :ninja: