The Pre-Summer-2017 transfer rumours and hearsay all inclusive Thread

Rangers-bound Eduardo Herrera confirms he will complete his Ibrox switch at long last

The Mexican star told ESPN Mexico that he has received his work permit and will now travel back to Glasgow to complete the switch

EDUARDO HERRERA has confirmed he will complete his move to Rangers tomorrow after receiving a work permit.

The Pumas star travelled to Glasgow earlier this month to have a medical with the Ibrox club.

And the only hold up on the deal was the wait for a work permit to be issued.

But Herrera has now told ESPN Mexico’s SportsCenter that his work permit has now been granted and that he will now travel to Scotland to complete the move.He told ESPN that he has signed a three-year deal and that he has finally realised his dream of playing in Europe.

Herrera is already registered for Rangers upcoming Europa League qualifying matches against Progres Niederkorn.And he will now be able to join up with his new team mates as they prepare for the new campaign.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1175405/rangers-eduardo-herrera-complete-move/?utm_source=TWITTER&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=SprnklrSUNOrganic&UTMX=Editorial:scotsunsport:FBLink:Statement:Sport

Preston North End eye Rangers pair James Tavernier and Rob Kiernan

Gers boss Pedro Caixinha wants to offload 14 players this summer with Clint Hill, Phillipe Senderos, Jon Toral, Emerson Hyndman and former Preston star Joe Garner already gone

PRESTON are set to launch a double raid on Rangers.

It’s understood defenders James Tavernier and Rob Kiernan are both on the radar of Deepdale gaffer Simon Grayson.

Gers boss Pedro Caixinha wants to offload 14 players this summer with Clint Hill, Phillipe Senderos, Jon Toral, Emerson Hyndman and former Preston star Joe Garner already gone.

Preston tracked Kiernan, who moved to Gers in June 2015 on a two-year deal, when he joined Accrington on loan back in 2012, while Grayson has been a long-time admirer of Tavernier’s.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1175655/preston-north-end-eye-rangers-pair-james-tavernier-and-rob-kiernan/?utm_source=TWITTER&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=SprnklrSUNOrganic&UTMX=Editorial:scotsunsport:FBLink:Statement:Sport

Aside from maybe Miller we had no one last season who could do what Pena appears capable of. He seems to have the talent of getting great power into a shot with what looks like little more than a flick or tap. Definite step up in class.

Edited by JFK-1

I know these youtube videos of players can be misleading, however in this case Pena looks the type who will set the heather on fire in Bonnie Scotland once he finds his feet, in fact he'll probably win POTY in Scotland judging by what that video shows of his ability. Great technique in all his play, awareness is frightening, finishing reminds me of a young McCoist.

Preston North End eye Rangers pair James Tavernier and Rob Kiernan

Gers boss Pedro Caixinha wants to offload 14 players this summer with Clint Hill, Phillipe Senderos, Jon Toral, Emerson Hyndman and former Preston star Joe Garner already gone

PRESTON are set to launch a double raid on Rangers.

It’s understood defenders James Tavernier and Rob Kiernan are both on the radar of Deepdale gaffer Simon Grayson.

Gers boss Pedro Caixinha wants to offload 14 players this summer with Clint Hill, Phillipe Senderos, Jon Toral, Emerson Hyndman and former Preston star Joe Garner already gone.

Preston tracked Kiernan, who moved to Gers in June 2015 on a two-year deal, when he joined Accrington on loan back in 2012, while Grayson has been a long-time admirer of Tavernier’s.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1175655/preston-north-end-eye-rangers-pair-james-tavernier-and-rob-kiernan/?utm_source=TWITTER&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=SprnklrSUNOrganic&UTMX=Editorial:scotsunsport:FBLink:Statement:Sport

They can have Kiernan for the remainder of the Garner debt.

Tavernier remains jury out for me. I'd prefer to keep him and see if he can improve his final ball which is gawd awful most of the time.

His bursting runs down the flank and even infield are superb. Tav for me is an exciting attacking full-back who just needs to learn where to place the ball after his defence splitting efforts. Obviously PC will have noted whether this is a complete waste of time or something that can be worked on. Hope Tav stays.

Tavernier remains jury out for me. I'd prefer to keep him and see if he can improve his final ball which is gawd awful most of the time.

His bursting runs down the flank and even infield are superb. Tav for me is an exciting attacking full-back who just needs to learn where to place the ball after his defence splitting efforts. Obviously PC will have noted whether this is a complete waste of time or something that can be worked on. Hope Tav stays.

Tav must have the highest assists in the whole team?