The Pre-Summer-2017 transfer rumours and hearsay all inclusive Thread

I'd chase him Rab.

Some anorak somewhere should be able to post the stats on how many times he gets a cross in from a corner, free kick or open play.

A winger who can't get a ball into the box is no good to any team.

I'm sure I read somewhere last season he got something like four league goals and three or four assists. Could be wrong though. But if so not great

Is this a loan ?

Berwick Rangers are delighted to announce the signing of highly rated Scotland U19 goalkeeper Robby McCrorie from Glasgow Rangers on a season long loan.

The signing is the second youthful arrival for the Black & Gold inside a week as it follows hot on the heels of the signing of defender Oliver Fleming as the squad starts to take shape for the coming campaign.

This capture is somewhat of a coup for the club as the imposing 6’2 goalkeeper has been touted as one to watch for a while and featured in the Scottish Youth Cup Final last season.

Robby is the twin brother of Ross McCrorie, who is also on the books of the Glasgow club.

Robby will be using this season to develop away from Ibrox in the cut and thrust of first team football. Robby had mentioned that he wanted to go and challenge himself during a loan spell when speaking with Rangers TV in March 2017 and Berwick will be that destination.

We are delighted to welcome him to Shielfield Park and believe he will make a significant contribution in the coming months.

http://www.berwickrangers.com/berwick-land-robby-mccrorie-from-rangers/

Lat I heard the Morelos deal is pretty much sealed with just the work permit to come which is supposedly a formality. We're building an impressive team and a strong bench with good capacity to mix things up a bit if and when required.

Re McCrorie .... a bit surprised that it is a season long loan, but so be it. For some reason, the scarf he holds is missing an i ...

Re McKay ... "chasing him" is being used, which is kind of baffling, given that Walker has the same status and we are talking about not giving Hearts a penny more than what is offered and "pinch him in January" on a pre contract and summer for free. McKay sees a vast influx of new players, has Dalcio and Dodoo breathing down his neck on the left now and perhaps does not exactly like the terms he is on or are being offered, which might be well below what others got who came in last season. He is not unhappy of being here, as opposed to Walker, and we are in a win-win situation, as - for as long as he is here - we can draw on his talent (if he performs as any professional footballer would be) and we can demand a fee we deem appropriate. That may or may not decrease in January, but that is the normal way these days. As in: starting a mini-witch hunt on the one hand is ridiculous if we lauf Walker for his stance on the other.

Re Walker ... Hearts value him at 1m and so be it. They obviously hope that some cash-rich English side happens by and goes closer to that amount, yet, in the end if Walker stands firm they can't force him out. Might go all the way till the end of the window.

You would hop that the paper work for the Mexicans and Morelos is being done over the course of the weekend, else we will have to be content with Miller, Hardie, and Waghorn as our main strikeforce in Europe for the time being.

Edited by der Berliner

Re McCrorie .... a bit surprised that it is a season long loan, but so be it. For some reason, the scarf he holds is missing an i ...

Re McKay ... "chasing him" is being used, which is kind of baffling, given that Walker has the same status and we are talking about not giving Hearts a penny more than what is offered and "pinch him in January" on a pre contract and summer for free. McKay sees a vast influx of new players, has Dalcio and Dodoo breathing down his neck on the left now and perhaps does not exactly like the terms he is on or are being offered, which might be well below what others got who came in last season. He is not unhappy of being here, as opposed to Walker, and we are in a win-win situation, as - for as long as he is here - we can draw on his talent (if he performs as any professional footballer would be) and we can demand a fee we deem appropriate. That may or may not decrease in January, but that is the normal way these days. As in: starting a mini-witch hunt on the one hand is ridiculous if we lauf Walker for his stance on the other.

Re Walker ... Hearts value him at 1m and so be it. They obviously hope that some cash-rich English side happens by and goes closer to that amount, yet, in the end if Walker stands firm they can't force him out. Might go all the way till the end of the window.

You would hop that the paper work for the Mexicans and Morelos is being done over the course of the weekend, else we will have to be content with Miller, Hardie, and Waghorn as our main strikeforce in Europe for the time being.

Well spotted with the scarf! That's a riddy :D

For me, McKay is superior to any other player we have - except Kranjcar. He may not have had the desired impact in terms of goals and assists, but this clip shows it's not his fault. He puts it on a plate time after time; those passes against hearts were sublime, and then we have Waghorn to "finish". I've posted this before, but it shows how important McKay can be - if he has better players around him.

[tweet]852630581309571073[/tweet]

Edited by Rousseau

I'd chase him Rab.

Some anorak somewhere should be able to post the stats on how many times he gets a cross in from a corner, free kick or open play.

A winger who can't get a ball into the box is no good to any team.

he's not a winger and has been chronically misused by us

that said there looks to be a question mark over his attitude or it may just be his languid style but i don't see him "dying for the cause"