The Pre-Summer-2017 transfer rumours and hearsay all inclusive Thread

It wouldn't have mattered who was signed as a striker as MW's pass it to death tactics would negate even the best striker in the world.

Even with all that sterile possession, we missed so many chances it was hard to believe at time. The best striker in the world would have scored plenty. Reckon my mum would've got into to double figures (though her heading lets her down,tbh)

Edited by Oleg_Mcnoleg

he's not a winger and has been chronically misused by us

that said there looks to be a question mark over his attitude or it may just be his languid style but i don't see him "dying for the cause"

Old style Scottish football mentality dictates smaller guys like McKayget pushed out wide. I hope a Portuguese manager takes a different approach. FWIW I think McKay is more effective thro the middle in a more central role

Edited by RANGERRAB

From one of the ITKs on FF ...

Albertz Was King

Morelos unveiled tomorrow all things going well I'd thought.

Another:

talktalk

I said earlier in tbe thread that Pedro will meet his new guys in Paris on monday and either fly into Edinburgh or the earlier flight into Glasgow and walk into arivals mob handed with a big smug smile for the waiting press , Pedro loves the theartre and getting one up on the hacks who still doubt him.

Edited by der Berliner

For me, McKay is superior to any other player we have - except Kranjcar. He may not have had the desired impact in terms of goals and assists, but this clip shows it's not his fault. He puts it on a plate time after time; those passes against hearts were sublime, and then we have Waghorn to "finish". I've posted this before, but it shows how important McKay can be - if he has better players around him.

[tweet]852630581309571073[/tweet]

I think McKay is a very skilful player, but he just doesn't seem to apply himself in games. He can be exceptional for 10-15 minutes and then disappear for an hour. He has so much potential but he's the type of player that drives me crazy. I don't know if he has an attitude problem, a confidence problem, or just a concentration problem, but either way he has a problem and it's such a shame that a talent like him can't be more consistent. If he was, he'd have the potential to be world class. As it stands, I wouldn't be too bothered about him staying or going.

I would really have liked to see him playing the number 10 role because that's where he is most dangerous and he certainly has the skill and vision to create. It's just that it's such an important position to have someone that doesn't appear to be interested. In that role you need to want to be involved for most of the game. He's never given me that impression.

At the end of the day, to reach his full potential, McKay (like anyone else) needs able players around him. And sometimes he needs to take responsibility into his own hands and shoot, just like he did against the Scum and the week thereafter. From the soundbites, all incoming players (pus Kranjcar) are a level above of those we had last season, so we'll have to wait and see whether that brings McKay to the next level. If he's still there.

McKay is a good player, potentially a very good player, with whom it is worth persevering;

not indefinitely, and not if he doesn't respond positively; certainly not if he comes the proverbial, or is desirous of slinging his hook.

Other things being equal, he strikes me as a player who would be likely to benefit from a technical coach such as Caixinha. The talent is there,

the question is whether the mentality -the application, the intelligence, and game intelligence- is, too.

At the end of the day, to reach his full potential, McKay (like anyone else) needs able players around him. And sometimes he needs to take responsibility into his own hands and shoot, just like he did against the Scum and the week thereafter. From the soundbites, all incoming players (pus Kranjcar) are a level above of those we had last season, so we'll have to wait and see whether that brings McKay to the next level. If he's still there.

True: if you play with dumplin's, you are likely to be dragged down to their level, and look a puddin' yourself.

I'm less sure about the the opposite.

Rangers boss Pedro Caixinha says he could sign 11 players this summer

The Ibrox manager has completely overhauled his squad this summer and admits up to 14 players could depart the club as he freshens things up.

Pedro Caixinha has revealed he could sign as many as 11 new players this summer as his Rangers revolution gathers pace.

The Ibrox boss has completely overhauled his squad this summer after a dreadful campaign last term.

He's set to bring in at least nine players - Bruno Alves , Fabio Cardoso,Dalcio, Daniel Candeias, Ryan Jack, Carlos Pena, Eduardo Herrera, Alfredo Morelos and Graham Dorrans if a deal can be pushed through.

And he's now hinted there could yet be two more incoming transfers too.

Caixinha has allowed plenty of under-achieving players to leave the club as well, with more on the unwanted list.

And Caixinha, in an interview with a Portuguese publication, has revealed why he targeted the markets in the countries he used to coach in.

He said: "It's been going very well for me in Scotland. "The team has undergone a major refurbishment - there could be 14 players leaving and 11 players coming into the club.

"It has been a struggle against time since we have to register the players in European competitions by June 19."We started by analysing our current squad in training, then we looked at the Scottish market and the international scene."For the risk to be smaller, we went to the markets and the players we know."In the Europa League , our aim is to reach the Group Stage and then take it from there."

He pointed out: "We are a big club and we are trying our best to get it back to where it was."It's the biggest club where I have been a coach."We have 145 years of history and have won more titles than anyone else in the world."The goals this season are to win, win, win.

And Caixinha has again reiterated how impressed he has been with the size of the club.

"Celtic have won six straight titles, but Rangers were only in two of those leagues."Rangers must be the only club in the world that has been able to move from the fourth division to the Europa League in five years."Even when they were in the fourth division, 50,000 fans continued to go to the games. The fervour continues now and only wins are enough."

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-boss-pedro-caixinha-says-10641832