The Pre-Summer-2017 transfer rumours and hearsay all inclusive Thread

As for Tav and Kiernan, the latter seems to be surplus to requirements (but is having problems with some sort of chronic injury) but I don't think Tav will be leaving any time soon.

As for Tav and Kiernan, the latter seems to be surplus to requirements (but is having problems with some sort of chronic injury) but I don't think Tav will be leaving any time soon.

I remember reading a book written by an ex-pro football player where he said that a lot of football players who suffer from 'chronic' injuries are not actually injured at all and are either suffering with a personal problem (Drugs/Depression/Divorce etc) or are out of favour with the management team... It protects both the reputation of the club and the player and I wouldn't be surprised if Kiernan falls into that category (Being out of favour)...

Edited by lenny3k

Tavernier remains jury out for me. I'd prefer to keep him and see if he can improve his final ball which is gawd awful most of the time.

His bursting runs down the flank and even infield are superb. Tav for me is an exciting attacking full-back who just needs to learn where to place the ball after his defence splitting efforts. Obviously PC will have noted whether this is a complete waste of time or something that can be worked on. Hope Tav stays.

Having Jack and Rossiter sitting in front of the defence will definitely be of massive assistance to attacking fullbacks. I think that could bring out the best in Tav and Wallace, who are both way better going forward than they are defending. Would be surprised to see Tav leave, but won't be heartbroken if that comes to pass. More chance that Hodson would leave and McCrorie would be the back up for Tav.

Tav must have the highest assists in the whole team?

Well, people will have reservations about transfermarkt for this reason or that, but if you look for stats ...

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/glasgow-rangers/leistungsdaten/verein/124/reldata/&2016/plus/1'>https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/glasgow-rangers/leistungsdaten/verein/124/reldata/&2016/plus/1

Assists this season: McKay (11), Waghorn (9), Miller & Wallace (8), Tav (7).

If you want to compare this to last season, be prepared for a shock. Tav's scoring and assist rate dropped considerably ...

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/glasgow-rangers/leistungsdaten/verein/124/reldata/&2016/plus/1

... and we have to remember that many of his 15 (!) goals came from free-kicks, rather than open play. And no matter the opposition, a wall of players is just that and more often than not this season, it was not the goalie or the post which kept the ball out ...