Turning shame into success: Rangers v Celtic

We are miles behind in every department on and off the field , so just pick his team and tell them go out there and give the fans some pride , go on you useless bunch do it for the fans .:rfc:

Daily Record suggesting Lee Hodson will miss the game because of injury... :(

I guess that means moving Tav back and choosing one from Dodoo, Windass and Waghorn.

Thats a toughie, each with pros and cons...

Windass - Good pace but far too inconsistent so you don't know what you're going to get.

Dodoo - Good pace and seems clinical enough but not sure if he brings enough when not playing thought the middle.

Waghorn - Can't question his effort and will to win but can be so wasteful and error prone.

Unfortunately last week was the game to stand up and be counted and we went out like a damp squib. This game is virtually no more than a friendly in the grand scheme of things. Whether we finish second or third is only a matter of prestige and won't change much. Winning the Scottish cup would have given us another trophy, stopped the tims winning the treble, and got us a few rounds further in Europe. Yes we want to always win against the tims and try and finish second but for me it will only be a consolation prize.

Unfortunately last week was the game to stand up and be counted and we went out like a damp squib. This game is virtually no more than a friendly in the grand scheme of things. Whether we finish second or third is only a matter of prestige and won't change much. Winning the Scottish cup would have given us another trophy, stopped the tims winning the treble, and got us a few rounds further in Europe. Yes we want to always win against the tims and try and finish second but for me it will only be a consolation prize.

I agree that last weekend was the one to go all guns blazing for, however, I wouldn't say this game is like a friendly. We are by no means guaranteed 3rd spot at the minute with St Johnstone 9 points behind. A heavy defeat for us and a win for St J this weekend would see us only 6 ahead with a similar goal difference to them... At least a point and a good showing in this game should be enough to hold onto third. However, if a skudding ensues who knows how our season will play out.

As I said elsewhere, I'd go with Hodson at right back, Tav next to the DM as an enforcer with a license to run at them as well, and Dodoo on the left wing. I'd go without Hyndman or Toral at the beginning and have Miller in attacking / creative midfield, Garner as the lone striker and even O'Halloran on the right wing. Dodoo, Garner and O'Halloran will run their socks off and have the pace and directness to trouble their defence, while the wingers also track back better than McKay and Waghorn. BTW, after that goal against them in the SF last season, did McKay ever turn up against them afterwards?

Foderingham

Hodson - Bates/Hill - Wilson - Beerman

Tavernier - Holt

O'Halloran - Miller - Dodoo

Garner

Hodson injured in training

Edited by scotjo

I would like us to be more unpredictable in attack, Dodoo from the start and maybe right up front, Windass can also play up front maybe that can be looked at for some of the game as sub, anything to put them on the back foot defensively and give them something different to think about before the game. Wonder if O'Halloran could be right wing back now Hodson is out.

Edited by scotjo