Turning shame into success: Rangers v Celtic

Through beer goggles, darkly, is often the best, the only, way to watch, depending on form, both your own, and that of the team.

I prescribe a kerry-oot, of substantial content.

These last few years the only way I could watch us has been through beer goggles!, today I will be sober pre-match.......................terrible thought!

Heading off to Ibrox soon, hate early kick offs!!!, no pre-match pints!, mon the GERS get intae these chunts today

Shocking mate...are you behind the wheel?? If not send me a message and I'll sort you out with some breakfast receipes. Im 8 hours on the sauce but had a sneaky nap earlier which powered me up.

I've a feeling it'll be a long afternoon again for us bears. There's more chance of us not showing up than of us coming out with a bit of heart and passion.

Had a dream last night that me and you uncle played Celtic in a 5 a side game.....nuts!!

Knew your Unck's brother a bit as he worked in same company in late 90s.

For a perspective from afar, here's the words of our German board's admin ahead of today, I took the liberty to translate it ...

So, let's start the Derby-Day. In the past, people were looking forward to such days. And that had nothing to do with the fact that the chances were usually much more balanced than today.

No, it was still sport. Much rivalry, obviously, a deal too much hatred on the field and amongst ranks as well, but also still sport.

For me though, this has not been the case since 2008 and the "O'Donnell cancellation". And after that there was so much more.

And today? Today we are going into a game for which Celtic the club and its entourage have done everything to ensure that their great dream of an undefeated season and of drubbing us again will come true. Despite of the great advantage in quality, they also grab any other means as well. How bored, embittered and - I believe - also really sick one can be? Free a player for a completely justified red card with the aid of the SFA, publicly threaten referees for weeks, so that this dream cannot be destroyed by "a wrong decision" (Though I believe that if the mistakes in their favor could be changed retrospectively as well, this unbeaten dream would be long gone by now), and so much more. And all this goes without any criticism from the press and media. Not to mention associations and politics.

And really bad thing is that even after reading this post a third time I see no reason to change even one line, because it is just simply the sad reality, which everyone can check for themselves. And no wonder if German folk reading this can't understand how this is allowed to go on. For it is fairly incomprehensible.

So, let's go for the day then. If I were to write now what I want today, some would probably be frightened, so I prefer to let that pass. There is nothing but contempt for that lot. And they do not deserve anything else.

Let's make the best of it and enjoy our guys! When they show passion, bite and give their all, I can live with that.

The game is again on LaolaTV, so if you have no access to RTV, a TV set in Britain et al, follow this link:

http://www.laola1.tv/de-de/livestream/2017-04-29-celtic-fc-rangers-fc-lde

Edited by der Berliner

From what we know, Lee Hodson is a major doubt, while Jordan Rossiter, Lee Wallace, Rob Kiernan and Philippe Senderos are sidelined. Hill is probably touch and go and we shall see whether PC will break up the rather good defence of Bates and Wilson.

Too bad that Hodson might not make it, as this keeps Tav at right back. Hence we are left guessing about the midfield, though one would hope that Halliday ain't in there. Hyndman too looked overawed by the last game, and we shall see how Toral shows up. I would hope that given the above, we'll see Dodoo, Windass and O'Halloran in the starting line-up.