Craig Houston, Alex Wilson & William Cowie resign from C1872 Board

Not to take sides Gaffer but there's not much point in debate if one person is apparently acting unilaterally against the wishes of the majority.

It's all a bit bizarre and I'm unsure how the organisation can recover.

A mess throughout.

If i read this correctly the remaining directors ex Mr Blair would have preferred new elections to a poll to re-appoint the two ladies who resigned and want back.

In that case, the poll is a fraud and new elections should be held forthwith.

I'm not sure about the legalities of a CIC operating with one director but at best it seems inadvisable.

Pedro has shown the way. If you don't want to play for the club don't come.

Same with Club 1872, anyone with agendas and/or side issues please do not apply.

Also, these positions are not for forward advancement until your term has been served.

This is really disappointing and shambolic.

I won't cancel my membership yet as I still agree with the venture itself but much more of this nonsense and I'll have to consider it.

At the moment it looks like a great opportunity being pished up the wa'.

It's fast looking like Club 1872 is going to fall apart. For the good of it the entire board should resign.

And hold fresh elections.

I thought at the time of it being set up there were too many egos involved.

If we don't sort this out right now the whole idea is going to fall apart.

Not to take sides Gaffer but there's not much point in debate if one person is apparently acting unilaterally against the wishes of the majority.

It's all a bit bizarre and I'm unsure how the organisation can recover.

If that's the case, hold a board meeting and discuss the issue. If it's true that one board member is acting unilaterally and won't change, the other members agree a motion to remove that board member and take it out to members to decide. This isn't difficult if they are grown up about it and use the proper governance. That's what it's there for. And if it's doesn't exist, the board members have the responsibility to create it. If they can't, they shouldn't be there, or at the very least they should seek help and guidance from those that can.

I'm sorry but I completely disagree. The reason we are this mess is because certain board members appear to be acting in a childlike manner and resigning when they should be arguing/debating like adults in the privacy and under the governance of the boardroom. It serves no purpose whatsoever for the other members to resign. What have they done wrong that means they should resign? It's those people that are resigning that I've got the problem with.

Ridiculous. None of those that resign should be re-elected until they can learn to conduct themselves in a manner befitting of the Club. I'd personally like them to stay away altogether.

Not being privy to everything just what I have read online. It seems to me every member on the board positions are now untenable.

They need fresh elections as soon as possible and a complete reboot.

Its a bit rich those complaining now , when the original 3 resignee,s raised concerns it was quickly poo pooed , because it suited them and favoured one director .

This just proves what some of us have been shouting from the rooftops from day 1 , james blair is not fit to be a director of a supporters org , neither is he fit imho to be the club secratery , it shows the morale compass of our board that they keep him and his firm on.