Rangers v Progrès Niederkorn - Failure is not an option

Just in from game. What do Dalcio and Waghorn get paid for? Nothing from both of them. Niko is mentally far quicker than anyone else, a class act!

Tav looks great going forward and Jack is solid. Wallace looked decent too. That was what I took from tonight. 1-0 is better than 0-0. Going to be nervous next week?

Edited by cooponthewing

I think I am in love with Niko Kranjcar.

His passing is truly sublime. I've not seen a standing ovation like that for a while.

In terms of the game - it looked like a preseason friendly. They sat in and we never had the guile to break them down.

I still think we will go on to have a good season.

Manager to blame for second half for me. Made a poor substitution taking holt off for Candiase. Midfield lost all shape and he was forced to use the second sub to fix it. Results what matters at this stage though

He put his hands up in the post match interview and admitted as much .

As an aside we look just the same as a Warburton team just with different players .

He put his hands up in the post match interview and admitted as much .

As an aside we look just the same as a Warburton team just with different players .

Its hard to judge as his three big signings were not playing - I would imagine Alves, Pena and Herrera will all be starters by the start of the season.

That reminded me why I binned going to pre-season games years ago!

The tempo was too slow and we didn't get in behind their parked bus defence enough, but it was pretty much what you would expect at this stage of the season.

Nico was absolutely sublime, if we can keep him fit and get 40 games out of him we will have some success this season.

Of the newbies, Cardoso looks tidy and organised everything at the back comfortably enough, Jack had a very good first half but understandably tired badly in the second and it should have been him subbed when Holt went off. Dalcio had one of the worst debuts I can remember. He never wanted to take the defender on, he was clumsy in possession, passing was poor. Hope it was perhaps too big an ocassion for him and he can improve because if we have binned McKay to play Dalcio and that is a fair reflection of his talent then we are royally fecked. Morelos and the midfielder who came on were unlucky in that when Nico went off we fell completely flat and that affected any chance of them getting a good run out.

I will give PC the benefit of doubt for his subs this time and say he was using it as a pre-season game because the first two were totally wrong if he was looking at this game tactically and trying to influence the outcome with his subs.

Positively, a win and clean sheet and no injuries. Onwards and upwards to my 6.30am flight to Luxembourg on Tuesday for the next gripping instalment!