Revised Poll for the Date of the 6th Gersnet Dinner

What date do you prefer for the next Gersnet Dinner  

17 members have voted

1. 1. What date do you prefer for the next Gersnet Dinner

• 10 March v Celtic
    • 17 March v Kilmarnock
    • 7 April v Dundee
    • other

I'm another one who can probably make all three dates but plumped for Killie on the 17th March. The OF game is usually a full days of activity so the next week sounds good to me. If no one minds I'll bring along a mate who's just taken the plunge on a season ticket after many years in the cold.

We have always allowed guests, space permitting.

Your good lady will be more than welcome as well.

Look forward to seeing you again.

craig;694249]

I wasn't aware that people could see the current state of the poll until they have voted and in all fairness I don't think those who have voted should reveal how things stand.

However since there has been comment; in the event of a tie are folk happy that I make the final decision?

For goodness sake BH, it is hardly the organization of a bloody official RFC event or anything that needs be clouded in secrecy. It's a bloody dinner FFS - people shouldn't reveal how the votes stand, get a grip FFS.

I wasn't aware that people could see the current state of the poll until they have voted and in all fairness I don't think those who have voted should reveal how things stand.

However since there has been comment; in the event of a tie are folk happy that I make the final decision?

LOL....Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

For goodness sake BH, it is hardly the organization of a bloody official RFC event or anything that needs be clouded in secrecy. It's a bloody dinner FFS - people shouldn't reveal how the votes stand, get a grip FFS.

It's an official Gersnet Dinner, Craig and correct you shouldn't have revealed how the votes stood.

Far from being clouded in secrecy I am at great pains to spell everything out in terms of alternative dates, venues etc and this thread has had more than 1,100 views.

People can obviously reveal how they voted if they chose to do so; but revealing how the poll stands is unfair because it could influence the result. I think that's obvious and I guess that's why the current standing of the poll is not on view to people before they vote.

I see no point in running a poll unless it's run properly, whether it's for the date of "a bloody dinner FFS" or whatever.

In future we can dispense with a poll altogether and I'll decide the date; better still you can run the next one and you can arrange it when it suits you.

In fact why not cancel the poll altogether then you can have this one after the Celtic game.

Meantime, I've run five pretty successful dinners to date and when I want your advice about how to do better, I'll be sure to ask.

I put a lot of time and effort into running these dinners and I don't appreciate you belittling the event or telling me to "get a grip FFS". I'm perfectly calm and in complete control of my emotions, thank you very much.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

I didn't notice you complaining about the arrangements for the four dinners you've attended in the past.

I'm not complaining I'm laughing at your inability to understand how a public poll on a bulletin board works especially given you previous experience with public polls on bulletin boards.

It's an official Gersnet Dinner, Craig and correct you shouldn't have revealed how the votes stood.

Far from being clouded in secrecy I am at great pains to spell everything out in terms of alternative dates, venues etc and this thread has had more than 1,100 views.

People can obviously reveal how they voted if they chose to do so; but revealing how the poll stands is unfair because it could influence the result. I think that's obvious and I guess that's why the current standing of the poll is not on view to people before they vote.

I see no point in running a poll unless it's run properly, whether it's for the date of "a bloody dinner FFS" or whatever.

In future we can dispense with a poll altogether and I'll decide the date; better still you can run the next one and you can arrange it when it suits you.

In fact why not cancel the poll altogether then you can have this one after the Celtic game.

Meantime, I've run five pretty successful dinners to date and when I want your advice about how to do better, I'll be sure to ask.

I put a lot of time and effort into running these dinners and I don't appreciate you belittling the event or telling me to "get a grip FFS". I'm perfectly calm and in complete control of my emotions, thank you very much.

You need to find some sense of perspective. You are being ridiculous.

I don't see the issue with people knowing the results of the poll before they vote. It's hardly the KGB attempting to influence a Trump victory.

We go with the winning date. We go with the Italian (or poll the venue if you must). We get an ex-player or two to speak. We have fun. Simples...

In the meantime let's not fall out over a wee get together. :)