Rangers 2 Hibernian 3 (Morelos, Tavernier).

Unfortunately? I had to miss game today but to put things right with Craig without having seen any of today's action we have had to put up with this standard of refereeing constantly throughout the "journey".

MacK it was without question sickening. You know as well as I that at the game you notice things (off the ball etc) more so than on TV.

Beaton was revelling in it. Setting Rangers players up knowing full well they would react.

Again, check the foul counts that are equal yet a card fest for Rangers players.

There is no hiding it anymore. Why bother, the game is corrupt and bigots like Beaton can do what they want. Craig is one of the more level headed members on here. I'm not exactly a raving crackpot (yet) myself. dB a voic of reason.

We lost to a side today that knew they had a twelfth man and cheerleader in Beaton. We all discussed this last year. Pedro is acknowledging it. As I said, we need to tighten our defence but that will come. Our team isn't perfect but improving.

Their is an institutional hatred of Rangers and their are officials who are happy to damage us.

I'm glad Pedro informed the police re TLB and unsurprisingly he is ridiculed by the media and fobbed by the scot squad.

Edited by cooponthewing

Unfortunately? I had to miss game today but to put things right with Craig without having seen any of today's action we have had to put up with this standard of refereeing constantly throughout the "journey".

I've watched almost all the games during the journey, albeit the vast majority in front of the TV in Bermuda.

Being at the game today and having to witness that makes me somewhat happy to be returning to Bermuda on Monday. Was absolutely shocking. Not incompetent but corrupt.

Their forward (Livko?) Should've been booked for the tackle from behind on Dorrans which led to the incident with McGeough and Jack. I was aatounded he walked off without even a warning.

Lennon should receive a touchline ban for his infantile behaviour today but no doubt he'll be congratulated for it.

He has. But he's still an absolute scumbag. His behavior was shocking for a manager today.

Naturally TLRB disagrees with you:

When it was suggested that Rangers assistant manager Helder Baptista had spoken to the police about Lennon, he replied: “He should have got back in his box. “Funny enough he didn’t (have something to say to me). “I don’t know what he was saying, I assume he was unhappy about something “I didn’t make a gesture*, I celebrated a goal. “If they are unhappy about it they can come and tell me. “But I shouldn’t get into trouble for doing that. “I am celebrating a goal. What way are you supposed to celebrate a goal? “If I pick my nose someone will find something to criticise me for, I am celebrating a goal. “You are looking for things that aren’t there.”

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/neil-lennon-i-did-nothing-other-than-celebrate-a-goal-1-4530464

* The photo in the article shows a clear gesture

Edited by SteveC

The referee was poor but so were we. The second goal was a mess, regardless of the sending off our players should've defended better. Another defeat at home in an important match - this can't continue.

We were stunned by the sending off, it was obvious at the time. We didn't reset quick enough and we didn't reorganize quick enough. Poor goal to lose but we were down to 10 men in the most dubious of circumstances.

I've heard some amount of shite on the radio about how the Board should sack Pedro. I think that is a ridiculous position to take. We lost whilst down to 10 men. At the time of the sending off it was 1-1 and IMHO we were still the better team, creating more chances, having also hit the post.

Hibs had most of the ball after the sending off and you would expect that. However, the team never, ever gave up the fight and on another day would have actually snatched a draw out of it - at 3-1 Morelos glanced a header just wide, and at 3-2 Cardoso had a free header at a corner (albeit the player in front of him missed the ball and he had to react very quickly) and we had the Alves free kick at the end.

They still were working their socks off at the end. They clearly were driven to get a result but it just didn't come off.

yeah, complete agreement here

why the sudden outrage at the type of thing that has been going on for years?

I maybe just didn't want to believe it before, but at least previously it wasn't done so blatantly, well not that I could tell anyway. I put it down to poor refereeing. Today however has not necessarily changed my mind about previous instances, but it's certainly made me aware that it now exists. I'm furious and absolutely gutted at the same time. I don't want to accept that this is part of the game up here.

yeah, complete agreement here

why the sudden outrage at the type of thing that has been going on for years?

There should be outrage every time it happens though, otherwise you can't make change.

The Tims got the officials on their side a few years ago with the "questions must be asked" statements about the impartiality of refs - and are still reaping the rewards today.

When it was suggested that Rangers assistant manager Helder Baptista had spoken to the police about Lennon, he replied: “He should have got back in his box. “Funny enough he didn’t (have something to say to me). “I don’t know what he was saying, I assume he was unhappy about something “I didn’t make a gesture*, I celebrated a goal. “If they are unhappy about it they can come and tell me. “But I shouldn’t get into trouble for doing that. “I am celebrating a goal. What way are you supposed to celebrate a goal? “If I pick my nose someone will find something to criticise me for, I am celebrating a goal. “You are looking for things that aren’t there.”

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/neil-lennon-i-did-nothing-other-than-celebrate-a-goal-1-4530464

But didn't we get a player sent off (2nd yellow) for celebrating a goal with a fist-pump in the centre circle, directed towards our own fans??? Unless I'm mistaken, the Hibs fans were no where near the full direction the Lemon was gesturing.....

Except he didn't just celebrate a goal. Not only did he Cup his ears and fist pump (which is fine) but he also did the fist in crook of arm salute (get it up he type thing). That isn't celebrating a goal. Celebrating a goal is NOT antagonizing the opposing team's fans.

He's a bellend, total scumbag and well suited to that team.