Rangers 0 - 2 Celtic

I'm actually quite content with that performance - or as content as I can be with a defeat against them. They cut us open with ease the first 5 minutes, but we composed ourselves and competed well for the majority of the game - the game was lost the last 10 minutes, which explains us losing that tenacity that we'd shown throughout; a few changes too. We lost control of the middle when we went two up top, which is good that we went with a 4-2-3-1 instead of a 4-4-2.

The mistake at the goal cost us, but it was very unfortunate: Cardoso should be clearing it, and then Hodson trying to kick it when just blocking would've sufficed was silly. And then, although McCrorie was a tad flat footed, Foderingham should not be getting beat at his near post - his distribution today was poor.

McCrorie was otherwise excellent: winning challenges and generally composed on the ball. I especially liked how he tracked down Dembele to crunch him despite it being offside long past. He'll be a good player in the future.

We expected them to dominate possession, and we were content to let them have it at the back where they couldn't hurt us. We defended zonally in a mid-block, then we pressed hard when they came around the half-way line. We were dangerous on the break - decision-making again let us down.

Pena was OK, positionally, but got pushed off the ball too easily. Morelos was excellent, but too eager to get in behind, straying offside too often.

The Referee was poor. There were no bad challenges or howlers from the Referee, but those little 50/50 things seemed to just go their way; even when it was clearly ours. And, we were denied a stonewall penalty.

We're still a level below them, but there is definite progress. I thought PC got it spot-on tactically - much better than parking the bus!

Edited by Rousseau

Resultwise probably a fair reflection of where we are at the moment, and the folk out on the pitch today. It says a lot when they got a massive lucky break for their first goal, after that routine set in and we simply ran out of gas. You would have wished a couple or so more tackles like Morelos' on Gordon on Roberts and Sinclair, thus they showed their quality and caught us out time and again.

The Scum are not our benchmark yet, not matter what the media et al will make us belief, unless one is already caught up in that alternative universe. They will probably beat every man and his dog in the league, all we can do is win all game against the rest too and pray for the best outcome in the next OF game. Watching this Scum dance out there will make the first victory against them all the more sweeter.

Good job by the club to keep the Racist away from our goalposts.

Got out my sick bed to watch this wish I wouldn't have bothered , truthis be told if the micks would have converted their chances the score could have been embarrassing ,and as for our defence totally pathetic back to bed for me .

Pena is a lazy shit. Say what you want about king Kenny he would be out there bursting a gut

Mcrorie playing well for his old firm debut

Miller did the multiple of Sweet FA when he came on. Every first touch was a 4 yard dash. once he even got the ball well inside the Celtic half. His first touch was a 5 yard dash then his second was almost as bad leaving only a 60 yard pass back to Fotheringham. Pena wasn't great but Miller was far worse.

I'm actually quite content with that performance - or as content as I can be with a defeat against them. They cut us open with ease the first 5 minutes, but we composed ourselves and competed well for the majority of the game - the game was lost the last 10 minutes, which explains us losing that tenacity that we'd shown throughout; a few changes too. We lost control of the middle when we went two up top, which is good that we went with a 4-2-3-1 instead of a 4-4-2.

The mistake at the goal cost us, but it was very unfortunate: Cardoso should be clearing it, and then Hodson trying to kick it when just blocking would've sufficed was silly. And then, although McCrorie was a tad flat footed, Foderingham should not be getting beat at his near post - his distribution today was poor.

McCrorie was otherwise excellent: winning challenges and generally composed on the ball. I especially liked how he tracked down Dembele to crunch him despite it being offside lost past. He'll be a good player in the future.

We expected them to dominate possession, and we were content to let them have it at the back where they couldn't hurt us. We defended zonally in a mid-block, then we pressed hard when they came around the half-way line. We were dangerous on the break - decision-making again let us down.

Pena was OK, positionally, but got pushed off the ball too easily. Morelos was excellent, but too eager to get in behind, straying offside too often.

The Referee was poor. There were no bad challenges or howlers from the Referee, but those little 50/50 things seemed to just go their way; even when it was clearly ours. And, we were denied a stonewall penalty.

We're still a level below them, but there is definite progress. I thought PC got it spot-on tactically - much better than parking the bus!

Agreed. But we will not challenge for the title with the likes of Hodson and Windass in the team, we are still 4/5 players short imo.