Alves receives 2 game ban

We should never have reapplied to the SFA when we were kicked out of the SPFL in the first place. There was no reason why we couldn't have applied to the FA at that point because we were effectively association less. The argument presented with respect to the we harm ourselves is bollocks. Its always been a bollocks argument.

Was there any way for us to join the FA and any of the English leagues? Methinks there was talk of the 7th tier or the like.

Was there any way for us to join the FA and any of the English leagues? Methinks there was talk of the 7th tier or the like.

There has always been the argument from FA clubs that we couldnt just go into the EPL and that we'd need to go through the leagues starting at some or other level. As far as I am aware there was nothing to stop us applying to the FA at that point. I'm sure, although I cant source it atm, that there is some sort of historical agreement where it is possible.

Edited by Big Jaws

Fans have a lot of power!, boycott away matches would be a start!

Ha ha! Don’t be silly Ian, leave the one liners to GS..........We havnt got the collective appetite for that, great idea but no chance.

As for Alves and what’s going on, I believe most of us are aware of the agenda. It’s not going to stop.

The English police don't want us and the FA don't need us. The pie in the sky stuff about joining the English leagues is never going to happen.

An Atlantic league is our only way out of Scottish football.

There has always been the argument from FA clubs that we couldnt just go into the EPL and that we'd need to go through the leagues starting at some or other level. As far as I am aware there was nothing to stop us applying to the FA at that point.

The SFA have a say over any games played in Scotland, you would have to have their blessing no matter how many leagues you went down - unless you moved the home games over the border.

We couldn't have joined the FA unless the SFA gave us permission to play home games at Ibrox.

I've heard folk say we could have taken it to court had the SFA refused us in that case - I'd say the FA would have withdrawn any invitation at that point.

It's a non starter imo.

I would be quite happy to start in the 7th tier down there. Away from here and back to enjoying my football. Agree with Gonzo though re the Atlantic league.

Edited by cooponthewing