Ongoing new manager discussion and speculation

did you burn yer 'gers scarf when we signed mojo ?

probably not because I never believed anybody done that

Are you trying to suggest that Gers fans wouldn't accept Lennon because he's RC or because of the Celtic link?

I'd suggest that the 10s of thousands who wouldn't return would for neither of these reasons.

It'd be the same if we signed James McClean.

I'd say there are several contributory factors as to why many Bears wouldn't accept Lennnon as manager.

I'll accept an ex-Celtc player coming to play for us (although I'd prefer not to) but not as manager. If you're following in Struth, Waddell, Wallace and Smith's footsteps, you have to have a certain pedigree.

Why do you think PC has a better CV than Clarke? A couple of Portuguese minnows, a big-ish Mexican club and then obscurity in the middle east against a guy who has coached or managed some big, big clubs and some smaller provincial clubs in England. The bottom side in the SPFL being able to appoint a guy who has coached the first teams of Chelsea, West Ham, Newcastle and Liverpool is fairly impressive, on paper at least. Kilmarnock have been appointing people with significantly weaker CVs than Clarke over the last 20 years.

I'm not sure how PC is too good for Kilmarnock myself, his CV is pretty ordinary by any standards.

It's academic, neither should be in the frame for the Rangers job in my opinion.

Cause hes won things i expect

Cause hes won things i expect

Ah yes, indeed, the Mexican League Cup, I forgot about that. I'm not sure it trumps 2 Premier Leagues, 2 League Cups and an FA Cup Clarke won when assistant manager at Chelsea but it's academic in the end. Certainly up there with Tommy Wright and Derek McInnes mind. Indeed Jim McIntyre, with a Scottish Cup win for Ross County, is suddenly our new favourite, right?

Ah yes, indeed, the Mexican League Cup, I forgot about that. I'm not sure it trumps 2 Premier Leagues, 2 League Cups and an FA Cup Clarke won when assistant manager at Chelsea but it's academic in the end. Certainly up there with Tommy Wright and Derek McInnes mind. Indeed Jim McIntyre, with a Scottish Cup win for Ross County, is suddenly our new favourite, right?

Doesn't jim McIntyre have a league cup win for Ross County? Same as Derek McInnes has for Aberdeen